The Big Fat Kill (Sin City, Book 3: Second…

The Big Fat Kill (Sin City, Book 3: Second Edition) (edition 2005)

by Frank Miller

Series: Sin City (3)

Member:blakslaks
Title:The Big Fat Kill (Sin City, Book 3: Second Edition)
Authors:Frank Miller
Info:Dark Horse (2005), Paperback, 184 pages

Sin City: The Big Fat Kill by Frank Miller

I previously mentioned my love of the Sin City film and how it was what spurred me on to read the books. This was by far my favorite plot in the movie, and indeed, the comic delivers in spades. All the humor, all the suspense, and all the ridiculously noir proclivities are here in spades. Dwight is back, as are Gail, Shellie, and deadly little Miho. Old Town is in trouble, and it's up to Dwight and the lovely girls to save the day.

Dwight, now dating Shellie, is not amused when she gets some rather boisterous visitors. When violence is threatened Dwight moves to teach them a lesson, and happens to follow them all the way to Old Town. Sure enough, the girls are onto the trouble these men represent and Miho makes quick work of them. It's only then that Dwight realizes one of them is a cop... murdered in Old Town. The tenuous peace between the girls and the city is threatened, and either way, blood will be spilled.

This comic is a quick read with plenty of twists and turns. The humor is on point, and black as ever, and through the bloodshed [author: Frank Miller]'s writing shines. The art is gorgeous, and even knowing the outcome I had trouble putting this volume down until the last bullet hit the floor. The adaptation was great, and this is one rare time when whether you read or watch you will love it all. Definitely my favorite volume. Love Dwight. Love his warrior woman. Love The Pits for all they are. How often you get to see a man turned into a Pez dispenser, anyway? ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
"Deadly little Miho. She'll cut you quick. She'll kill you quiet. You won't feel a thing, not unless she wants you to."

Great characters, great writing! I couldn't put it down! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jun 22, 2017 |
This book was rolled in to the second movie. Very enjoyable as always. Top notch writing. ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |
Frank Miller's gritty noir series continues with Dwight coming to the aid of the girls of Old Town when they unknowingly kill someone they shouldn't (but he was such an ass, you're not sad to see him go).

Definitely a fun read, and it fits the crime noir setting with both it's beautifully striking black and white imagery, heavy contrast (both visually and morally) and holdover dialogue from the 40s. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Mar 8, 2015 |
The more of these I read, the more ham fisted and misogynist they feel. But I'm gonna finish the set. ( )
  stacy_chambers | Aug 22, 2013 |
Dedicated to Johnny Craig
Forget it, man!

Criminals have always called the shots in Sin City, whether bootleggers, gamblers, or politicians. But ever since the first dame set up shop in Old Town, those side-streets have been run by the women who walk the night. It's been a delicate truce, but now there's a messy body and the mob's looking to reclaim those licentious streets. They're going to have to put down a tight band of dangerous women and a guy named Dwight to do it. Now Dwight, he knows something that the mob's gotta learn the hard way: sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,792,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible