One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish by…

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish

by Dr. Seuss

English (250)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (252)
Another great rhyming book by Dr. Seuss. This interactive book can be fun to do a read-aloud. It can also be great for students to predict what the author may say next. ( )
  cynthiahurtado | Apr 21, 2019 |
Dr. Seuss books are great for developing readers because they rhyme. It can help teach the kids word patterns and how endings of words sound similar. Dr. Seuss is also known for making up words and creatures so this can help the student recognize graphemes and phonemes even though they are nonsense words. ( )
  aegebr1 | Apr 7, 2019 |
Dr.Seuss's One Fish Two Fish is a classic that is perfect for preschool aged children and even younger. I love this book for many reasons. It is a great way to teach young children about colors and numbers. The illustrations pop and the words flow in a very rhythmic and poetic way. It uses patterns that are easy for younger children to follow and can be used in many ways in the classroom. ( )
  reddin1 | Mar 25, 2019 |
This story is a wonderful story for children learning about their colors and numbers. Dr. Seuss always seems to have very interactive books so that both the parent and child are able to interact while reading this story. This is one of the stories my brother read when he began learning his colors and numbers. ( )
  SusannaRatcliff | Jan 10, 2019 |
This book is great for younger readers. This book has counting, colors, and a few fun imaginative characters to keep the story interesting. Always enjoy reading Dr. Seuss for his creativity and illustrations. ( )
  bhammant | Nov 28, 2018 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lopshire, Robertsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mayall, Riksecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things
are everywhere.
One fish two fish red fish blue fish.
Why are they
Not one of them
is like another
Don’t ask us why.
Go ask your mother.
By the light of the moon,
by the light of a star,
they walked all night
from near to far.

I would never walk.
I would take a car.

Rhymes galore are here / Funny things are everywhere / Oh me, oh my, oh! (waitingtoderail)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800133, Hardcover)

"Did you ever fly a kite in bed? Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?" Such are the profound, philosophical queries posed in this well-loved classic by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel. While many rhymes in this couplet collection resemble sphinx-worthy riddles, Seuss's intention is clear: teach children to read in a way that is both entertaining and educational. It matters little that each wonderful vignette has nothing to do with the one that follows. (We move seamlessly from a one-humped Wump and Mister Gump to yellow pets called the Zeds with one hair upon their heads.) Children today will be as entranced by these ridiculous rhymes as they have been since the book's original publication in 1960--so amused and enchanted, in fact, they may not even notice they are learning to read! (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

A story-poem about the activities of such unusual animals as the Nook, Wump, Yink, Yop, Gack, and the Zeds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,182,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible