One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish by…

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish

by Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss

English (237)  French (1)  All (238)
Designed to captivate the very young reader, this Beginning Reader book spins its simple rhymes amid delightful illustrations of an incredible cadre of animals parading across its pages. Readers, young and old alike, will chuckle through the delightfully silly pages that deliver fun and laughter the Doctor Seuss way.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | May 2, 2018 |
I really liked the book " One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish." by Dr. Seuss. The main reason why i enjoyed this book was for its language. The entire book is a poetically written, full of sentences that rhyme. The story had lines such as " Did you ever ride a Wump? We have a Wump with just one hump." Every sentence had some sort of rhyme that led into another set of words that rhymed.The language is child friendly and easy for children to follow. As children become more familiar with the words, they can start reading it aloud with an adult.
Another reason I liked this book was for the plot of it. The overall story is about a bunch of different objects or people, but they all flow together through rhymes. The two children that we follow through the pages of the book follow the different characters from one to another witnessing what happens. This is fun for children because it keeps them engaged to see what will happen next!
The over all main idea of this book is to teach children how to read and introduce them to different words that rhyme. When trying to pronounce a new word, children can look at the endings of previous words that they have read to help them figure out this new word. Ex": We took a look. We saw a Nook. On his head he had a hook." ( )
  EmilyOkeefe | Apr 10, 2018 |
In typical Seussian style, this book contains rhyme, rhythm, and mythical characters. The rhyming elements particularly contribute to the predictability. ( )
  rpankey | Apr 2, 2018 |
This is a book about counting and rhymeing ( )
  encarter | Apr 1, 2018 |
A simple rhyming book for learner readers, it is a book with a freewheeling plot about a boy and a girl, and the many amazing creatures they have for friends and pets. ( )
  varshabanerjee | Mar 16, 2018 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Seuss, Dr.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Mayall, Riksecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things
are everywhere.
One fish two fish red fish blue fish.
Why are they
Not one of them
is like another
Don’t ask us why.
Go ask your mother.
By the light of the moon,
by the light of a star,
they walked all night
from near to far.

I would never walk.
I would take a car.

Rhymes galore are here / Funny things are everywhere / Oh me, oh my, oh! (waitingtoderail)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800133, Hardcover)

"Did you ever fly a kite in bed? Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?" Such are the profound, philosophical queries posed in this well-loved classic by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel. While many rhymes in this couplet collection resemble sphinx-worthy riddles, Seuss's intention is clear: teach children to read in a way that is both entertaining and educational. It matters little that each wonderful vignette has nothing to do with the one that follows. (We move seamlessly from a one-humped Wump and Mister Gump to yellow pets called the Zeds with one hair upon their heads.) Children today will be as entranced by these ridiculous rhymes as they have been since the book's original publication in 1960--so amused and enchanted, in fact, they may not even notice they are learning to read! (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:51 -0400)

A story-poem about the activities of such unusual animals as the Nook, Wump, Yink, Yop, Gack, and the Zeds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,442,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible