People by Peter Spier

People

by Peter Spier

Recently added byKarenAFY, arpballew, mamalovesbooks, private library, eatplants, SMWC, LinWang, MessiahELC

English (30)  French (1)  All (31)
This is an amazing informational book because the book describes different people all over the world.
I would use this book in my class because it is so interesting to learn culture in different countries. It is suitable for third graders. ( )
  LinWang | Apr 3, 2017 |
This book is about how everyone is different around the world. Big, small, happy, sad, hardworking, lazy, different hobbies. this book would be for 3-5th grade students having the student think about how boring the world would be if everyone around the world looked, ate, thought, dressed, and acted the same way. ( )
  Skelly29 | Mar 30, 2017 |
This book is about the different types of people that can be found all over the planet, and the specific ways in which they differ. It is purely informational, so it presents these differences as facts as opposed to saying, "this is the ideal for people, but some people don't meet that standard." It is a beautifully researched, written, and illustrated book and should be read to all children as they grow up!
Uses: I look forward to using this book in my classroom to explore and open up discussions on diversity.
Medium: watercolor and ink
  meggienell | Apr 15, 2016 |
This is an amazing informational book because the book describes the abundant differences in people all over the world, with the overarching feeling that we are all wonderfully made. This book has examples of what places people may live, how eyes are different, and the different languages used throughout the world. These are only a small glimpse of what this book encompasses. I will definitely be using this book in my future classroom. It would be a great book to start off a global studies unit. Or to discuss the differences between people and how each of us should accept one another.
Media: Watercolor and Ink
  anine14 | Apr 13, 2016 |
I thought this book as absolutely amazing. It did an amazing job at highlighting the different of people in a very funny way. The language used was very blunt. For example, Spier says “most people work hard but others are lazy a. And a lot of people who want to work, cannot find a job,” He also says very bluntly, “And in the end we all must die.” I think there is a good balance of humor and blatant truth in the book. I also really liked the illustrations and how they were used to further emphasize the differences between people. The book pushes readers to understand that everyone comes from different walks of life, but we are all human as well. ( )
  MayaKenner | Mar 22, 2016 |
We all know that there are lots and lots of people in the world--and many more millions each year.

This book emphasizes beautifully the differences among the four billion people on earth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038524469X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:19 -0400)

Emphasizes the differences among the four billion people on earth.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,893,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible