People by Peter Spier

People

by Peter Spier

A story about the differences in us all. Great pictures.
  RachelHollingsworth | Apr 16, 2015 |
Summary:
This book introduces multiculturalism in a very bright and colorful way! It describes what life is like for some of the millions of people on earth including everything from skin color to religions. It describes the different ways people like and do things and reminds us all of what it is like to be unique in our own ways.

Personal Reaction:
I thought this book was very eye-opening and informative. It was a great way to introduce multiculturalism.One of the things that grabbed my attention first was the cover because of how colorful it was and then just reading it was eye-opening. Reading and thinking about how everyone is different in their own way made me want to keep reading as all the pictures were very detailed and unique as well! With its age however, i do not think that many parents would be ok with their children reading it without their approval first as some of the content may be a sensitive subject that the parents may want to address first.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Each student could do a family research project on their own family or another famous person or family.

2. We could have a Multicultural Week where everyday of that week, we could research different cultures. We could play different games or try making food from each culture. ( )
  JacquelynTorres | Mar 23, 2015 |
This book would be a wonderful text to teach diversity. It shows how different the world is and how it makes the world beautiful and unique. This book helps students learn to be less ethnocentric about their own culture y reading literature.This book would be fantastic to use for readers response to literature. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 23, 2014 |
This is a great book to use for culturally specific purposes. It is a great link to the world that we live in, and this can spur conversation about where everyone in the class is from and then can turn into a geography lesson.
  KayceBivins | Apr 30, 2014 |
This book describes all the ways that people can be different from each other. This is a good book for children because it teaches them to embrace who they are and how the are different from others.
  kelseyo | Nov 11, 2013 |
We all know that there are lots and lots of people in the world--and many more millions each year.

This book emphasizes beautifully the differences among the four billion people on earth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038524469X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:47 -0400)

Emphasizes the differences among the four billion people on earth.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,554,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible