The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire…

The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series, Book 4) (original 1996; edition 2002)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:annabell42688
Title:The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series, Book 4)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Jove (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Adult, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery

The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton (1996)

English (64)  French (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (68)
Anita is trying to solve a murder and discover what is happening to shifters gone missing. She has to face the reality of who Richard is and how it affects her, learning some of the pack dynamics.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Read a long time ago but I remember loving the early books in this series of which this was one (4th). ( )
  phyllis2779 | May 18, 2019 |
This is the first book in the start of the love triangle between Anita/Jean Claude/Richard. I really like this book. It is action packed and the mystery adds a nice twist to the love triangle storyline. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
I'm officially DNFing this series. Almost 100 pages in and I'm bored and don't care about any of the characters or the story.
  christianeyoungberg | Aug 30, 2018 |
werewolves..... ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
MacLeod, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Trinity Dianne Hamilton, who has the most beautiful smile in the world, even at three o'clock in the morning.
It was two weeks before Christmas.

"YOU DON'T VOLUNTEER FOR SLUGFESTS WITH VAMPIRES. IT SHORTENS YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY"

And you don't fall in love with a werewolf. It interferes with your work. Especially when you're a preternatural expert, like me. My business brings me up close and personal with all shapes and sizes of monsters. And not all of them want to kill me.

Take, for instance, the local pack of lycanthropes--that's werewolves to you. A number of them are missing, and they've come to me for help. Maybe because I'm dating the leader of the pack. I've survived a lot--from jealous vampires to killer zombies--but this love thing may kill me yet...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 051513452X, Mass Market Paperback)

The zombie-raising business gets slow in December, so Anita Blake is starting to see some oddball cases. She's got a neatly typed list of eight missing lycanthropes given to her by Marcus, the leader of the local werewolf pack, who wants her to find them. The trouble is, Anita's occasionally furry boyfriend Richard is locked in a power struggle with Marcus. Jean-Claude, master vampire of the city and Anita's other love interest, is getting jealous as well. To top it off, Anita has to solve some horrific murders and keep her bounty-hunting friend Edward from killing Richard and Jean-Claude. Hamilton alternates between funny and fearsome in this larky series about a monster hunter with a few dark secrets.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:04 -0400)

The local pack of werewolves comes to supernatural expert Anita Baker for help --probably because she is dating the leader of the pack--after a number of their pack comes up missing. Anita has survived a lot, from jealous vampires to killer zombies, but this love thing may kill her yet.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible