The Return by William Shatner

BOTTOM-LINE:
Worst of the three
PLOT OR PREMISE:
This is the second in a Star Trek trilogy, with renegade Romulans working with the Borg.
WHAT I LIKED:
There are some decent scenes with Data, and some interesting interactions between old TOS crew and new TNG crew.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Most of the TOS crew are not really much like themselves, except Spock, so not very "believable". Bones is almost a caricature. Kirk and Worf have a fight that is ridiculous.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow him on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Jan 12, 2017 |
Well, Shatner wrote it. Or at least some of it. And Picard's picture is on the cover. ( )
  deckla | Apr 5, 2016 |
This is the second part of the first "Shatner-verse" trilogy. The audiobook is read well by Shatner and is enjoyable to listen to. The biggest detriment of this story is that it happens outside of Star Trek canon. It's enjoyable, it just doesn't fit in with the broader Star Trek story. ( )
  TheMadTurtle | May 7, 2014 |
yes..I know...but it was...great. I actually really liked the story and William Shatner can write! I never actually thought about who was writing it because the story was fast paced and intense. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

William Shatnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Reeves-Stevens, Garfieldmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Reeves-Stevens, Judithmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

I have another life having nothing to do with acting, directing or writing. It involves my universe of horses, those beauteous creatures whose form and function fill me with delight.

So to that world of horses, to the people who trrain and care for my four-footed friends, to the driven, excuse the pun, fellow competitors who try to take the blue ribbon away from me, but most especially to my pals, the horses, I dedicate this book.
Prologue:
He fell . . .
Alone.
Chapter One:
James T. Kirk was dead. . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067152609X, Mass Market Paperback)

Just after the events of "Star Trek Generations," on the planet Veridian III, ambassador Spock comes to the humble cairn, or stones, that marks the grave of James Kirk. But he is not granted time to ponder the passing of his best friend. The Borg and the Romulan Empire have a use for Kirk, and with some mysterious alien science they resurrect the fallen captain, who they hope will give them the edge they need to destroy their greatest enemy, Jean-Luc Picard. It will take the combined powers of both generations, from Spock and McCoy to Data and Riker, to meet this almost unthinkable new threat.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:58 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,765,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible