Time of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends,…

Time of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume I (edition 2001)

by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Collections:To Buy, Finished, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:2012, Kindle, Dragonlance, Fiction, Fantasy

Time of the Twins by Margaret Weis

Recently added byprivate library, darksir, IslandDave, austin.dixon, derik.irelan

I don't know where to begin with this book. I know that I'm going to love this series just as much as The Chronicle Trilogy. I have become so wrapped up with these books, that I’m actually bugging my friends who have read these back when they first came out, to re-read the series so we can discuss them. Yes, I am a Dragonlance virgin!

I can’t believe that Camaron has changed so much in two years. If I was Tika, I would have slapped some sense into him with a heavy frying pan. I was so hurt to see how he changed and treated her. I love how Tas stepped up to make sure that Camaron followed through with Tika’s orders. I’m a little confused about Crysania and Raistlin. I realize that she is falling in love with him, but with that love, she also exhibits hate. I hope that this love doesn’t prove to be what the story is leading it to be. As for my beloved Tas, he is just so under appreciated by everyone. Then there is Raistlin. Well, who can trust a man with hour glass shaped pupils and golden skin. I have high hopes for Raist, but then he always turns and becomes the evil and untrusting person that he is.

I’ve become so obsessed with these books that I have a hard time focusing on other books that I need to review. I’m so excited about starting the next installment, War of the Twins. Again, I want to thank my friends Mike and Aj for turning me onto this addicting story!
  cbilbo | Apr 8, 2014 |

cbilbo | Apr 2, 2014 |
Raistlin Majere remains a favorite. ( )
  morbusiff | May 9, 2013 |
This is just the first book in a trilogy, but who knows when I'll have time to finish the other two books! This book is set in the same universe at the Dragonlance Chronicles and follows three of the main characters from that trilogy into the future (and past >.>). For those of you who didn't read my Dragonlance post, these books are in a universe created as a Dungeons and Dragons setting and have all the trappings of high fantasy.

Title: Time of the Twins, Dragonlance Legends Vol 1
Authors: Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Pages: 398 paperback
Setting: Krynn is a world with magic and gods and lots of the typical fantasy races.
Premise: In the last trilogy the heroes saved the world from an evil goddess, but in the process one of the heroes, Raistlin, turned evil. His twin brother, Caramon, didn't take this well and is still having trouble dealing with his new place in the world. Now, however, Caramon and his friend Tas (a kender, so cute!) have to go save the world (past and present and future) from Raistlin and there is time traveling to do so :D.

Strengths:

Character development, the twins learn a lot about each other
The plot is pretty epic since the twins are involved in several of the biggest events in history
Time traveling dynamic is pretty well done, since that can be difficult with the whole is time deterministic and fixed or fluid etc
Weaknesses:

The main female character is a bit too naive for me and it's frustrating that she doesn't really seem to learn
As all of these books have been, the pace is more relaxed then modern readers might care for, though I found it nice
Pretty much dominated by good men and evil/naive women, which is unfortunate
Tas is not in enough of it, he is the best (though then it would probably be called Time of Tas...)
Summary:
If you've liked the previous Dragonlance books, you will probably like this one as well. If you haven't read first trilogy, you should probably do that before reading this one, since I really think a previous love of the characters is necessary to really enjoy this book.

For more reviews go to www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com ( )
  anyaejo | Apr 2, 2013 |
I found a copy of this book one Thursday — it was a Bookcrossing release — and had an amusing browse through it. The best I can say is that the book reads as if three different people were writing alternating paragraphs, and each of the three had a different plot in mind. In other words, the writing is so bad it's engrossing.

Consider the following, from the book's first two paragraphs:

…his footfalls were sucked into the vast darkness all around him…

"It's like being sucked into time," he thought…

He wished, briefly, that he were being sucked away somewhere, so that he did not have to face the difficult task ahead of him.

I guess it takes a certain gumption, or something, to use the word sucked three times in the middle of two appalling paragraphs. It made me laugh. What was our author thinking? Not much, apparently. ( )
2 vote Muscogulus | Mar 1, 2013 |

Sandrelli, SandroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valusek, Valerie A.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Samuel G. and Alta Hickman
My grandpa who tossed me into bed in his own special way and my grandma nanny who is always so very wise. Thank you for the bedtime stories, life, love, and history. You will live forever--Tracy Raye Hickman
This book about the physical and spiritual bonds binding brothers together could be dedicated to only on person--my sister. To Terry Lynn Weis Wilhelm, with love---Margaret Weis
A lone figure trod softly toward the distant light.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786918047, Mass Market Paperback)

Sequestered in the blackness of the dreaded Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas, surrounded by nameless creatures of evil, Raistlin Majere weaves a plan to conquer the darkness--to bring it under his control.

Crysania, a beautiful and devoted cleric of Paladine, tries to use her faith to lead Raistlin from the darkness. She is blind to his shadowed designs, and he draws her slowly into his neatly woven trap.

Made aware of Raistlin’s plan, a distraught Caramon travels back in time to the doomed city of Istar in the days before the Cataclysm. There, together with the ever-present kender Tasslehoff, Caramon will make his stand to save Raistlin’s soul.

Or so he believes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:15 -0400)

In the uneasy peace following the War of the Lance, Caramon and Tasslehoff the Kender set out to reform Caramon's twin brother Raistlin, the most powerful warrior of evil in the land of Krynn.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,601,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible