No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

English (125)  Finnish (1)  All (126)
The only thing that kept it from being a 3 star book were the over-the-top similes that had me rolling my eyes. Otherwise, a good book that would have been even better if it included recipes! ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
What an unexpected little gem. I found this on the shelf of my library while I was searching for something else and found that I liked it much, much more than the other two books I was reading at the same time.
While the story itself is fairly simple, it's the delightful descriptive language that the author uses that really got my attention. ( )
  Iambookish | Dec 14, 2016 |
Fluffier ( )
  laurenbufferd | Nov 14, 2016 |
This novel could best be described as a series of inter-linked short stories about the participants in a cooking class. The writing is good and the stories interesting, but the book was a little light on character and plot development for my taste. Worth reading for the lovely descriptions of cooking and what creativity in the kitchen can bring to your life.l ( )
  LynnB | Sep 30, 2016 |
It inspires you to cook and to love, to wake up and feel flavors, smells, sounds and the people around us. It is healing book. ( )
  ralu1150 | Jul 15, 2016 |
For Heidi, Karin, and Dad
Lillian loved best the moment before she turned on the lights.
Published under two titles: The School of Essential Ingredients, The Monday Night Cooking School

Once a month on a Monday night, eight students gather in Lillian's resturant for a cooking class. Among them is Claire, a young woman coming to terms with her new identity as a mother; Tom, a lawyer whose life has been overturned by loss; Antonia, an Italian kitchen designer adapting to life in America; and Carl and Helen, a long-married couple whose union contains surprises the rest of the class would never suspect. The students have come to learn the art behind Lillian's soulful dishes, but it soon becomes clear that each seeks a recipe for something beyond the kitchen. And, one by one, they are transformed by the aromas, flavors, and textures of what they create... (978-0-425-23209-5)

Eight students gather in Lillian's Restaurant every Monday night for cooking class. It soon becomes clear, however, that each one seeks a recipe for something beyond the kitchen as Chef Lillian, a woman whose connection with food is both soulful and exacting, helps them to create dishes whose flavor and techniques expand beyond the restaurant and into the secret corners of her students' lives.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,435,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible