RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8

RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8 (original 1981; edition 1982)

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8
Authors:
Info:Yearling (1982), Unknown Binding, 190 pages
Rating:*****

Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary (1981)

English (87)  Spanish (1)  All languages (88)
This book is about Ramona Quimby who is eight years old. She faces the challenges of 3rd grade in this thrilling book. She has a stubborn attitude and a hilarious curiosity. She has a different perspective of her life than others around her. I like this book because it was funny. Also, I liked this book because I can relate Ramona to my two sisters. ( )
  MadelineB3 | May 1, 2016 |
Summary: This story is about Ramona starting the third grade. She is struggling to make new friends, but finds new and creative ways to overcoming these obstacles.

Personal Reaction: Beverly Cleary is someone I admire, and I aspire to write books like her one day. Her books were always a comfort to read, and I have read every one that she has published. I love all of her stories, and my absolute favorite is Socks.

Extensions:
1) I would have the children write about their siblings, and why they love them.
2) I would have the children partner up with someone they would not normally partner up with to do a small art project in order to learn how to work with different people.
  Jenna.McMillen | Apr 21, 2016 |
I have read this book in the past and it really kept me engaged. The character is comical and gets into trouble sometimes, like a normal eight year old child. The author did an excellent job in creating real-life scenarios throughout the book. Ramona, the main character, kept the reader laughing and interested in what she was going to do next. I would definitely recommend this book to children ages 5th grade to 8th grade. ( )
  taylor_garner | Apr 5, 2016 |
Ramona Quimby age 8 is about a 8 year old girl. She thinks her teacher does not like her and her teacher thinks she is a nuisance. .After school she has to hang out with a little girl she dose not like.The one thing she likes is D.E.A.R=Drop EveryThing and Read.I like this book because it shows 3red
grade is hard work .I recommend this book to everyone.
-Hannah Hallick ( )
  HannahH17 | Mar 16, 2016 |
This was the first chapter book I read in elementary school. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |

Beverly Clearyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Darling, LouisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ramona Quimby hoped her parents would forget to give her a little talking-to.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380709562, Paperback)

From the first day of third grade, when Ramona Quimby meets her eventual nemesis Yard Ape, life moves on at its usual wild pace--usual for the boisterous Ramona, that is. Soon she is accidentally squashing a raw egg into her hair at the school cafeteria, being forced to play Uncle Rat with her annoying young neighbor, and, worst of all, throwing up in her classroom. The responsibilities of an 8-year-old are sometimes daunting, especially in a family that is trying to squeak by while the father goes back to school. But Ramona is full of too much vim and vigor to ever be down for long.

In her second Newbery Honor Book about Ramona (the first was Ramona and Her Father), Beverly Cleary presents another slice of the Quimby family life. Author of more than two dozen children's books, Cleary has a true knack for understanding the tangle of thoughts and emotions in a child's mind and heart. Empathic, witty, and astute, she has earned many other awards, including the Newbery Medal for Dear Mr. Henshaw. Alan Tiegreen's clever line drawings have charmed countless readers of Cleary's books over the years, and his style is now inextricably tied to hers. (Ages 8 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:48 -0400)

The further adventures of the Quimby family as Ramona enters the third grade.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,808,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible