RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8

RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8 (original 1981; edition 1982)

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8
Authors:
Info:Yearling (1982), Unknown Binding, 190 pages
Rating:*****

Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary (1981)

English (91)  Spanish (1)  English (92)
Personal childhood favorite. I would encourage my students to pick this book to read and tell them it was my favorite when I was their age.
  Kendralpayne | Oct 27, 2016 |
This book was great. I know many children who would love this book. This book could be read as a read aloud every day in the classroom, reading one chapter at a time. The class could talk about some of the things that Ramona does in the book. ( )
  skeltonmorgan | Sep 20, 2016 |
Five stars because I *was* Ramona. ( )
  bookofmoons | Sep 1, 2016 |
In this sweet, coming of age story told by Ramona herself, she gets the opportunity to finally take on more responsibility in her and family and grow every step of the way. Ramona's mom goes back to work so her dad can go back to school so she sees the many financial stresses that come with a big change like this, but at the end of the day is always reaffirmed her family structure is solid. She also has some major troubles at her new school that she must overcome. Because it is told by Ramona herself the reader gets to dive into the confusion, chaos, and new found independence that comes with growing up.
For my classroom this would be a good journal experience. Ramona was anxious to start her first day of school so I would have the children write(or draw depending on age level) their first day of school.
This would also be a great way to discuss feelings. After learning about feelings we could make a feelings chart and hang next to the mirror where children can actually see their emotions on their own face. ( )
  sb938957 | Jul 18, 2016 |
This book is about Ramona Quimby who is eight years old. She faces the challenges of 3rd grade in this thrilling book. She has a stubborn attitude and a hilarious curiosity. She has a different perspective of her life than others around her. I like this book because it was funny. Also, I liked this book because I can relate Ramona to my two sisters. ( )
  MadelineB3 | May 1, 2016 |

Beverly Clearyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Darling, LouisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ramona Quimby hoped her parents would forget to give her a little talking-to.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380709562, Paperback)

From the first day of third grade, when Ramona Quimby meets her eventual nemesis Yard Ape, life moves on at its usual wild pace--usual for the boisterous Ramona, that is. Soon she is accidentally squashing a raw egg into her hair at the school cafeteria, being forced to play Uncle Rat with her annoying young neighbor, and, worst of all, throwing up in her classroom. The responsibilities of an 8-year-old are sometimes daunting, especially in a family that is trying to squeak by while the father goes back to school. But Ramona is full of too much vim and vigor to ever be down for long.

In her second Newbery Honor Book about Ramona (the first was Ramona and Her Father), Beverly Cleary presents another slice of the Quimby family life. Author of more than two dozen children's books, Cleary has a true knack for understanding the tangle of thoughts and emotions in a child's mind and heart. Empathic, witty, and astute, she has earned many other awards, including the Newbery Medal for Dear Mr. Henshaw. Alan Tiegreen's clever line drawings have charmed countless readers of Cleary's books over the years, and his style is now inextricably tied to hers. (Ages 8 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:48 -0400)

The further adventures of the Quimby family as Ramona enters the third grade.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,617,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible