Seduced at Midnight by Jacquie D'…

Seduced at Midnight

by Jacquie D' Alessandro

A delicious Regency read!! Engaging characters and an entertaining plot line. Nice amount of steam to keep the story popping!

I love a lively historical with all the pomp and circumstance! Really enjoyable read!

A fun series. ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
As the cover implies...there are some really steamy scenes! ( )
  KatieCarella | Apr 12, 2014 |
Jacquie D'Alessandro latest regency romance is "Seduced at Midnight". This is book three in her 'Mayhem in Mayfair' series about a group of spunky heroines who form a socially acceptable literary society yet read books that wouldn't be on any socially acceptable list in the ton! These feisty gals find their heroes in the course of the books. I've been a fan of D'Alessandro since I read "Red Roses Mean Love" in 1999. Her books are like a bag of popcorn, not too serious, lots of fun, and yet you don't feel heavy when you're done.

Lady Julianne is the daughter of socially-conscious parents. Her mother is cold and distant, and her father never passes up the opportunity to remind her of her worthlessness as a female, other than marrying well of course. Now it appears her minimal freedom is almost over as her father is 'interviewing' suitors to choose the best (read richest and highest ranking) match. Poor Julianne can only dream of adventure now, right? At least until a robber/murderer puts her in his sights and her father hires the totally unsuitable, yet man of Julianne's dreams, Gideon.

Gideon came from nothing, yet has become one of the best Bow Street Runners. His reputation is what gets him hired by Julianne's father to protect her. Too bad for Gideon since she's the only woman he's never been able to get out of his head. And the more time they spend together, the worse it is...because his attraction and appreciation for her keep growing. But he's a Mister, not a Lord, and that makes him totally inappropriate for Lady Julianne.

I enjoyed reading this book. I figured out fairly early who the 'bad guy' was, but that didn't bug me at all as I just concentrated on the growth of the relationship between Julianne and Gideon. And yes, the sequence of events that lead to their happy ending are pretty improbably, but once again...I was just having too much fun reading the rest of the story to worry about that. I don't let the occasional burned or unpopped piece of popcorn spoil my enjoyment of the rest of the bowl! ( )
  jjmachshev | Mar 12, 2009 |
It took me a little while to get into this book. It's not that it was bad, per se, so much as none of the characters really grabbed me despite having had contact with them in the previous two books in this series. Once I got more into, I did enjoy it and the characters finally came to life. My biggest complaint about the book was the amount of set up versus payoff.Some of the resolutions were a little too pat for me, there was a lot of time setting up the obstacles Julianne and Gideon faced and then very little time showing how they got past them (and even then the resolution was a little too easy). In that way, the ending is a little too abrupt and somewhat unsatisifying.That said, the book did do a good job of getting me excited for Logan and Emily's story and I will be reading that as soon as it comes out. ( )
  raenstorm | Mar 7, 2009 |
This was an excellent follow up to Confessions at Midnight. Lady Julianne Bradley is a shy beauty that received no love from her parents. Gideon Mayne is the first man to see her as more than a pretty face. My only disappointment is that we did not get to see Julianne's parents reaction to her wedding. It would have been nice to see the happy couple get the last word. ( )
  phyllisd | Jan 27, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425225496, Mass Market Paperback)

The Ladies Literary Society of London gathers again for a ghost story...

Lady Julianne Bradley has always longed for wild adventure. Unfortunately, the man with whom she wishes to share her fervor can never be hers. Tormented by her desire, she?s preparing for a suitable marriage when ghostly occurrences straight out of her latest read start happening?and to protect Julianne, her father hires the very man her heart cries out for.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:00 -0400)

"Lady Julianne Bradley has always longed for wild adventure. Unfortunately, the man with whom she wishes to share her fervor can never be hers. Tormented by her desire, she's preparing for a suitable marriage when ghostly occurrences straight out of her latest read start happening; and to protect Julianne, her father hires the very man her heart cries out for"--Publisher.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible