Stuart Little by E. B. White

Stuart Little (original 1945; edition 2000)

by E. B. White

Member:Eowyn1
Title:Stuart Little
Authors:E. B. White
Info:Puffin (2000), Edition: Film Tie-in Ed, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, English, E-book, Read
Tags:children's

Stuart Little by E. B. White (1945)

The Mouse & the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary (cmbohn)
    Half Empty by David Rakoff (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One of the essays discusses the author's identification with Stuart Little as a child

Summary:

This book is about a mouse named Stuart Little. Stuart Little lives with his family in New York City, and he has a friend, who is a bird named, Margalo. One day she goes missing, and he goes on an adventure to find his friend and bring her home.

Personal Reaction:

This book was one I read as a child, and loved the sense of adventure it created.

Classroom Extension Idea:

1) In the classroom, we can all talk about our pets that we have at home.
2) The children can create a booklet about their best friends.
  Jenna.McMillen | Feb 10, 2016 |
Fun book as a child. ( )
  Bruce_Deming | Feb 5, 2016 |
Another well written book by E.B. White. However, this was probably our least favorite of the three. Mainly because, as Rebekah said, "I wish it had a happy ending." This one seemed to be a little more dated than the other two. I wonder if someday, it will be too dated to be appreciated. At the very least, one would hope that we would always appreciate great craft, as one does with Dickens even though much of his work is culturally set and requires an understanding of 19th century England to fully appreciate it what is going on.
We just hope that Stuart is able to find Margalo somewhere in the flyleaf. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 22, 2016 |
Delightful little story - Stuart is so sweet and polite. Sad that the ending came too soon, I would have liked to follow him on his travels as he journeyed north. ( )
  overthemoon | Sep 12, 2015 |
Lovely story. After having seen the animated film, I realized I had never read the children's book. Does the author talk down to his audience? I'm not sure and though I enjoyed it, I was in a rush to finish it. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |

White, E. B.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wells, RosemaryIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bomans, GodfriedTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JulieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When Mrs. Frederick C. Little's second son arrived, everyone noticed that he was not much bigger than a mouse.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064400565, Paperback)

Narrator Julie Harris draws upon her extraordinary acting talents to raise this much-loved tale of a teeny, tiny explorer and his oversized adventures to new heights. "Stuart put on his sailor hat and his sailor suit, took his spy glass down from the shelf and set for a walk full of the joy of life and the fear of dogs." Skipping from one precarious perch to the next, the diminutive wanderer makes new friends, meets old ones, and shares his lust for life with listeners of all ages. Harris's clever, lyrical narration is wonderfully evocative and perfectly captures the charming yet soulful spirit of E.B. White's classic children's tale. (Running time: 2 hours, 2 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:02 -0400)

The adventures of the debonair mouse Stuart Little as he sets out in the world to seek out his dearest friend, a little bird who stayed a few days in his family's garden.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,236,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible