Stuart Little by E. B. White

Stuart Little (original 1945; edition 2000)

by E. B. White

Member:Eowyn1
Title:Stuart Little
Authors:E. B. White
Info:Puffin (2000), Edition: Film Tie-in Ed, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, English, E-book, Read
Tags:children's

Stuart Little by E. B. White (1945)

Recently added byprivate library, upperel, Ruchiraw, hmshrader, tslade, kw1213, MichelleWrightHardy, tina48390
    The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary (cmbohn)
    Half Empty by David Rakoff (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One of the essays discusses the author's identification with Stuart Little as a child

This book is about a young mouse named Stuart Little who is born to a human family and a cat named Snowball . This book chronicles his adventures as he navigates the world of school, family, and the search for a lost friend. This book would be great for the later elementary grades. I would use this in my classroom for a read aloud or it would also be great applied to Literature Circles so the students can dive into this classic novel.
  kristenbnoble | Apr 23, 2017 |
One little mouse but one big hero. Stuart little lives with a family in New York city. Everyone in the family minus Snowball the cat likes him...which stirs up trouble in this book. Stuart little somehow gets lost in the big city but I won't tell you how because I want you to read it. But during this, there is an entire adventure ahead of him which makes his story even more incredible. He makes many friends along the way and ends up learning little lessons as he goes. This is an amazing story for kids to help their imagination run wild. I won't tell you the end, that's for you to figure out!
  Hayley.Hustead | Apr 19, 2017 |
The book "Stuart Little", is about a mouse who has been adopted into a family that lives in New York City. The family is very happy to welcome Stuart into their family and do what they can to accommodate him into their home. However, as much as Stuart's new family loves him, they cant help but realize the differences between one another and feel that they have to alter their every day lives and conversation to make Stuart feel included. The Little's will soon come to find that their new son, Stuart, has some pretty special talents and can do many things that the family wasn't able to do. The central message of the story is that our differences make us unique and special for the people in our lives, no matter what. Stuart may be different than others, but that does not impact the love he has for his family and his ability to make a life for himself that will positively impact others. ( )
  BrianRatliff | Mar 15, 2017 |
This tattered, fading, former library copy of Stuart Little was recently uncovered hiding away in my parents' attic. I remember it fondly from my childhood, and am glad to once again have it in my possession.

How can you not love Stuart Little? A small, mousy boy (literally!) born to human parents who constantly finds himself in one adventure after another. From sailing a model ship in Central Park, to almost being permanently lost at see, and even nearly dying several times within his own home; Stuart has quite the thrilling life. Then, he eventually takes this show on the road when his first real friend, a bird named Margalo, takes off for parts North.

It's been so long since I gave this one a read, I had forgotten the serious tone of the book. Although, being from E.B. White I shouldn't be surprised. Still, it makes the book that more enjoyable to return to as an adult. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Jan 24, 2017 |
Stuart Little was born only two inches high and he looked like a mouse, but luckily his parents and big brother loved him anyway. The book follows Stuart's various adventures as a mouse, such as getting stuck in the window shade, winning a sailboat race in Central Park, or when he befriended an injured bird. At the end of the book Stuart sets off in a model car to find his friend the bird, who had flown away.
Classroom:
Students could write their own adventure as if they were a mouse, including obstacles they may face and how to solve those problems.
This could also be used as part of a classic tale unit for students, possibly comparing and contrasting two classic from the same author: Stuart Little vs Charlotte's Web
  KButterfield | Dec 7, 2016 |

White, E. B.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wells, RosemaryIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bomans, GodfriedTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JulieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When Mrs. Frederick C. Little's second son arrived, everyone noticed that he was not much bigger than a mouse.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064400565, Paperback)

Narrator Julie Harris draws upon her extraordinary acting talents to raise this much-loved tale of a teeny, tiny explorer and his oversized adventures to new heights. "Stuart put on his sailor hat and his sailor suit, took his spy glass down from the shelf and set for a walk full of the joy of life and the fear of dogs." Skipping from one precarious perch to the next, the diminutive wanderer makes new friends, meets old ones, and shares his lust for life with listeners of all ages. Harris's clever, lyrical narration is wonderfully evocative and perfectly captures the charming yet soulful spirit of E.B. White's classic children's tale. (Running time: 2 hours, 2 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:02 -0400)

The adventures of the debonair mouse Stuart Little as he sets out in the world to seek out his dearest friend, a little bird who stayed a few days in his family's garden.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,109,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible