Stuart Little by E. B. White

Stuart Little (original 1945; edition 2000)

by E. B. White

Member:Eowyn1
Title:Stuart Little
Authors:E. B. White
Info:Puffin (2000), Edition: Film Tie-in Ed, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, English, E-book, Read
Tags:children's

Stuart Little by E. B. White (1945)

The Mouse & the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary (cmbohn)
    Half Empty by David Rakoff (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One of the essays discusses the author's identification with Stuart Little as a child

I love this book. It is a classic that requires readers to build their own knowledge and background information on many different topics. It ties everyday situations into the story of a little "mouse" that does not let his size get in the way. ( )
  Erin_Holte | Apr 26, 2016 |
I actually didn't read this until I read it to my children so I wasn't able to read it from a child's perspective. But this one delighted me most when Stuart was on his own--it's a great lesson to children that no matter how small you are, you are capable of great things. ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
Summary:

This book is about a mouse named Stuart Little. Stuart Little lives with his family in New York City, and he has a friend, who is a bird named, Margalo. One day she goes missing, and he goes on an adventure to find his friend and bring her home.

Personal Reaction:

This book was one I read as a child, and loved the sense of adventure it created.

Classroom Extension Idea:

1) In the classroom, we can all talk about our pets that we have at home.
2) The children can create a booklet about their best friends.
  Jenna.McMillen | Feb 10, 2016 |
Fun book as a child. ( )
  Bruce_Deming | Feb 5, 2016 |

White, E. B.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wells, RosemaryIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bomans, GodfriedTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JulieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When Mrs. Frederick C. Little's second son arrived, everyone noticed that he was not much bigger than a mouse.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064400565, Paperback)

Narrator Julie Harris draws upon her extraordinary acting talents to raise this much-loved tale of a teeny, tiny explorer and his oversized adventures to new heights. "Stuart put on his sailor hat and his sailor suit, took his spy glass down from the shelf and set for a walk full of the joy of life and the fear of dogs." Skipping from one precarious perch to the next, the diminutive wanderer makes new friends, meets old ones, and shares his lust for life with listeners of all ages. Harris's clever, lyrical narration is wonderfully evocative and perfectly captures the charming yet soulful spirit of E.B. White's classic children's tale. (Running time: 2 hours, 2 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:02 -0400)

The adventures of the debonair mouse Stuart Little as he sets out in the world to seek out his dearest friend, a little bird who stayed a few days in his family's garden.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,908,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible