Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy…

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (1972)

by Judy Blume

Series: Fudge Series (1)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was a book read to me in the fourth grade and has been a favorite since then. This book is great for middle schoolers, because of it's simplified language and relatable content. The book is about a fourth grader with a 2 year old little brother, and the story is all about the temper tantrums his brother throws and how their daily life functions. The main character, Peter is constantly thinking that his parents do not pay attention to him, and he is frustrated with his little brother. This story is a great book for students to read to enjoy a book that is similar to their daily lives. ( )
  Kailynevans | Nov 14, 2017 |
I never read this when I was little (although I did read some other books in the Fudge series). Definitely a fun, quick read that will entertain adults as well as children, but most likely for different reasons. ( )
  bookwyrmm | May 10, 2017 |
Peter and Fudge are brothers. Fudge is the younger, annoying little brother that throws temper tantrums. When Peter's pet turtle, Dribble, goes missing, Peter gets upset. Fudge claims that he swallowed him. Their parents end up adopting a dog to take the place of Dribble and Peter names him Turtle. This book would be great for children to read because it is funny and they can relate to it if they have younger siblings. ( )
  MeaganBilski | May 1, 2017 |
This book is a children’s chapter book about two characters, Peter and Fudge and the struggles he goes through as a fourth grader.
  brittanysmith | Apr 27, 2017 |
cute. I like that there are books the you can read when a child is in a certain grade. ( )
  KaraHeath | Apr 23, 2017 |

Judy Blumeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doty, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry, who is a combination of Peter and Fudge, and for Willie May, who told me about Dribble
I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.
My father stood with Fudge in the tub and dumped a whole bowl of cereal right over his head.
She loves Fudge more than me. She doesn't even love me anymore. She doesn't even like me. Maybe I'm not her real son."
Eat it or wear it!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142408816, Paperback)

Passed on from babysitters to their young charges, from big sisters to little brothers, and from parents to children, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and its cousins (Superfudge, Fudge-a-mania, and Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great) have entertained children since they first appeared in the early 1970s. The books follow Peter Hatcher, his little brother Fudgie, baby sister Tootsie, their neighbor Sheila Tubman, various pets, and minor characters through New York City and on treks to suburbs and camps.

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is the first of these entertaining yarns. Peter, because he's the oldest, must deal with Fudgie's disgusting cuteness, his constant meddling with Peter's stuff, and other grave offenses, one of which is almost too much to bear. All these incidents are presented with the unfailing ear and big-hearted humor of the masterful Judy Blume. Though some of her books for older kids have aroused controversy, the Hatcher brothers and their adventures remain above the fray, where they belong. (Peter's in fourth grade, so the book is suitable for kids ages 8 and older.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:04 -0400)

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever-increasing problem.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,134,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible