Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy…

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (original 1972; edition 2003)

by Judy Blume, Peter Reynolds (Illustrator)

Series: Fudge Series (1)

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever increasing problem.
Member:kicky
Title:Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
Authors:Judy Blume
Other authors:Peter Reynolds (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2003), Paperback

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume (1972)

A little walk down memory lane...still cute as an adult. ( )
  littlemuls | Jan 28, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
This book was funny, insightful, and entertaining. This would be referred to as contemporary realism, as it discusses real issues that students could relate to, especially with a younger sibling like Fudge. In this novel, Peter shares stories of his life and how his little brother, Fudge is "ruining his life." However, almost every story ended with Peter finding the silver lining and realizing that his younger brother isn't all that bad. Students who are having trouble accepting a younger sibling at home may benefit the most from this story, but I would give this to any student, really, to have a good laugh and see that other people are going through the same things they are--especially in fourth grade!
This is a short, easy-read and excellent way for students to get comfortable with chapter books. According to Scholastic Book Wizard, the readability of this book is grades 3-5, so I could use this for my third grade class to ease their anxieties about entering 4th grade, read it in 4th grade, or having something to laugh at once they've moved up to the 5th grade.
Overall, I give this a 5/5 because even now, I sat and read every single page as Peter shared his tales. I think my students would really like this story and even love it as a read-aloud. ( )
  huntema19 | Apr 28, 2020 |
Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume tells the story of two siblings. Peter is the fourth grade and his younger Farley is currently three yrs. Peter's teasing of Farley sometimes lands him in precarious situations. These two brothers fail to get along and their father is no help. I would recommended this book to children whom have siblings. I think that they will be able to relate to having problems with their siblings. This book is interesting and teaches many lessons. ( )
  elijahtaylor98 | Apr 1, 2020 |

Judy Blumeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doty, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry, who is a combination of Peter and Fudge, and for Willie May, who told me about Dribble
I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.
My father stood with Fudge in the tub and dumped a whole bowl of cereal right over his head.
She loves Fudge more than me. She doesn't even love me anymore. She doesn't even like me. Maybe I'm not her real son."
Eat it or wear it!

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever increasing problem.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,993,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible