Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy…

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (original 1972; edition 2007)

by Judy Blume

Member:bloo
Title:Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
Authors:Judy Blume
Info:Puffin (2007), Paperback, 128 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume (1972)

This book really freaked me out...how does a toddler eat a god damned turtle? It must have involved some kind of dismemberment and gore and little hands forcing the shell apart....no one is concerned about what kind of child would do that? Oh, that Fudge!

Like, if it was a creature that could be swallowed whole, OK I can get that, spur of the moment, lack of thought, whatever. Toddler. A goldfish or something I could understand him "accidentally" swallowing because he wanted fish soup, but a turtle? Even a teeny-tiny baby turtle. To swallow a turtle is going to take some concentration and several steps to accomplish.

Fudge is a little monster. ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
I remember reading this book in school and I really loved reading It. Its about a fourth grader who has a 2 year old brother and shows the temper tantrums that his brother has. This book can relate to so many children and that is what engages their interest. Its a fun book to read and many children would enjoy It. ( )
  ekarcz1 | Oct 16, 2018 |
The most popular book at the school library--it felt like I had to wait for months to get it! ( )
  bookhookgeek | Sep 7, 2018 |
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was a book read to me in the fourth grade and has been a favorite since then. This book is great for middle schoolers, because of it's simplified language and relatable content. The book is about a fourth grader with a 2 year old little brother, and the story is all about the temper tantrums his brother throws and how their daily life functions. The main character, Peter is constantly thinking that his parents do not pay attention to him, and he is frustrated with his little brother. This story is a great book for students to read to enjoy a book that is similar to their daily lives. ( )
  Kailynevans | Nov 14, 2017 |
I never read this when I was little (although I did read some other books in the Fudge series). Definitely a fun, quick read that will entertain adults as well as children, but most likely for different reasons. ( )
  bookwyrmm | May 10, 2017 |

Judy Blumeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doty, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry, who is a combination of Peter and Fudge, and for Willie May, who told me about Dribble
I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.
My father stood with Fudge in the tub and dumped a whole bowl of cereal right over his head.
She loves Fudge more than me. She doesn't even love me anymore. She doesn't even like me. Maybe I'm not her real son."
Eat it or wear it!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142408816, Paperback)

Passed on from babysitters to their young charges, from big sisters to little brothers, and from parents to children, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and its cousins (Superfudge, Fudge-a-mania, and Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great) have entertained children since they first appeared in the early 1970s. The books follow Peter Hatcher, his little brother Fudgie, baby sister Tootsie, their neighbor Sheila Tubman, various pets, and minor characters through New York City and on treks to suburbs and camps.

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is the first of these entertaining yarns. Peter, because he's the oldest, must deal with Fudgie's disgusting cuteness, his constant meddling with Peter's stuff, and other grave offenses, one of which is almost too much to bear. All these incidents are presented with the unfailing ear and big-hearted humor of the masterful Judy Blume. Though some of her books for older kids have aroused controversy, the Hatcher brothers and their adventures remain above the fray, where they belong. (Peter's in fourth grade, so the book is suitable for kids ages 8 and older.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:04 -0400)

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever-increasing problem.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,548,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible