Paradise Kiss, Volume 1 by Ai Yazawa

Paradise Kiss, Volume 1 (edition 2002)

by Ai Yazawa

Member:jeidai
Title:Paradise Kiss, Volume 1
Authors:Ai Yazawa
Info:TokyoPop (2002), Paperback, 184 pages
Collections:Manga, Your library

Paradise Kiss, Volume 1 by Ai Yazawa

This book surprised me! I thought it was going to be a cliche manga, but there's nothing cliche about it. The story at the beginning was okay, but after a few pages, things intensified and then I was surprised, everything turned out not as I expected, the characters are charming, though the clothes aren't my cup of tea, I loved it. Seriously, I want to get the rest of the series. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I don't really remember any specifics, but I really liked this a lot. It's aimed at an older audience and much darker than most of the manga that have romance as a theme. ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Apr 1, 2013 |
I loved this series so much. It was unlike any manga I've ever read before. It's about a teenage girl that becomes the model for a group of fashion students. There is the in-your-face punk, the hot mysterious guy, the cross-dresser, and the super adorable girl. The drawings are beautiful and the characters are original. However, there is one big problem with Paradise Kiss and that is the sexual content. I personally don't like that sort of thing so I never finished the series. ( )
  Fionen | Mar 20, 2009 |
I'm not trying to be ageist (or whatever), but don't your suburban weeaboos (if that's still the term, or indeed if it ever was) realize that this stuff's for ten-year-old girls? Do they just think all Japanese are infantile? Or that this is what fashionable Tokyo is actually like? By that standard, what Gwen Stefani does qualifies as spreading awareness. ( )
1 vote MeditationesMartini | Jan 31, 2009 |

The plans of a a high school senior working to get into a top college are threatened when she meets a group of fashion students bent on making her a model for their clothing line.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,073,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible