Much ado about Anne by Heather Vogel…

Much ado about Anne (edition 2008)

by Heather Vogel Frederick

197759,709 (3.93)4
Member:mzonderm
Title:Much ado about Anne
Authors:Heather Vogel Frederick
Info:New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2008.
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, middle grade, L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables, fashion, friendship, Concord, book club, mothers and daughters

Much Ado About Anne by Heather Vogel Frederick

I read this book because it was the second book in the mother daughter book club. Both my daughter and I had read the first in the series and I enjoyed it. I decided to read this one. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. The idea of having a mother-daughter book club is a great idea. I could see myself recommending this book to readers between 9-12 years old. If a parent was looking for a book read with her daughter, this would be a good series begin with.
  KristenNevala | Jan 18, 2016 |
I liked this one better than the first one, though to be perfectly frank, I don't much like 7th grade girls. And these girls are very true-to-life in ways that make me glad I had a boy. The drama would have been too much for me. The drama in this book was almost too much for me. Onward! ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
I didn't think this book was as good as the 1st, but I'm looking forward to a 3rd (if there is going to be one). ( )
  bridgetrwilson | Mar 27, 2013 |
Entering seventh grade at Walden Middle School, four girls continue their mother-daughter book club, reading Lucy Maud Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables," while dealing with a mean, trouble-making classmate. ( )
  prkcs | Jan 12, 2010 |

The mother-daughter book club is back!

This year the mothers have a big surprise in store for Emma, Jess, Cassidy, and Megan: They've invited snooty Becca Chadwick and her mother to join the book club!

But there are bigger problems when Jess finds out that her family may have to give up Half Moon Farm. In a year filled with skating parties, a disastrous mother-daughter camping trip, and a high-stakes fashion show, the girls realize that it's only through working together -- Becca included -- that they can save Half Moon Farm.

Acclaimed author Heather Vogel Frederick captures the magic of friendship and the scrapes along the way in this sequel to The Mother-Daughter Book Club, which will enchant daughters and mothers alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:21 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,727,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible