Blood Sins by Kay Hooper

I would have liked to have had Samuel's abilities outlined how he was doing things, but not having it didn't ruin the story in any way. It was different how Kay could have brought a possible budding relationship to the front of the story line but didn't because it wasn't the 'right time or place' for it to be part of the story. It would have been nice to have more of Tessa's background story, if she were in previous books, I don't remember. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
3 stars. I enjoyed the story. There were 2 to 3 chapters that just felt like utter filler as it wasn't any new information, just a rehashing of what we already knew so that was a bit discouraging. I still give it 3 stars as the rest of the book was really good. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This just could be to the liking of people who read Kay Hooper. This was my first read by this author and I am not that impressed. The character introduction started off well and the story/ case progressed with unimpeachable method. However, I lost interest in the last few chapters and the ending was just too abrupt. Tessa Gray's character was more than impressive. ( )
  kinisunny | Jul 26, 2014 |
Better than Blood Dreams. Still obnoxiously "who's on first"-ish. I find it interesting that the various agents seem to suddenly have new nifty abilities..it's so convenient. No romance at all in this one. ( )
  lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
Senator Abe Lemott turned from the window and looked at the man in his visitor's chair.

Some sins can’t be forgiven…
because some sins no one survives.

New York Times
bestselling author Kay Hooper has touched our darkest fears but none so dark as in her latest thriller. Here’s a psychopath who lures his victims with a promise no one can resist…and demands a price no one would knowingly pay.

Young, vulnerable, attractive, Tessa Gray made the perfect victim. Which was why Noah Bishop of the FBI’s Special Crimes Unit recruited her to play the role of grieving widow. As the supposed new owner of property coveted by the Church of the Everlasting Sin, she’d be irresistible bait for the reclusive and charismatic Reverend Samuel. His fortified compound in the mountains near Grace, North Carolina, had been the last known residence of two women murdered in ways that defied scientific explanation.

Though hardly as naive or as vulnerable as she appears, Tessa knows she has a lot to learn about using her unique gift. She also knows that Bishop and the SCU have to be desperate to rely on an untried psychic agent in an undercover operation so dangerous. And desperate they are. For the killer they’re hunting is the most terrifying they’ve ever faced and shakes even the most seasoned agents: a soulless megalomaniacal cult leader who can use their own weapons, talents, and tactics against them.

By entering the cult’s well-guarded compound, Tessa will be exposing herself to the dark magnetism of a psychopath on an apocalyptic crusade of terror that spares no one, not even the youngest victims. And Samuel has protected himself within a fanatically loyal congregation, many of whom occupy surprising positions of power within the community. Even Grace’s chief of police, Sawyer Cavenaugh—a man Tessa will have to trust with her life—may be unable to protect her. Because no one, not even Tessa herself, can guarantee she’s strong enough to resist—or powerful enough to battle—a killer who’s less than human.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:58 -0400)

All clues to the recent rash of murders point to the enigmatic Church of the Everlasting Sin and its charismatic leader, the Reverend Adam Deacon Samuel. But getting to the man known as 'Father' will be no easy task, for he is insulated within his flock of loyal minions--closely guarded by those who would gladly give their lives for his. Now, with the support of Haven, the civilian agency Bishop helped launch, the elite FBI Special Crimes Unit must go deep into the fold of a puppetmaster whose power reigns over more than they could ever have imagined.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,904,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible