Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin

Until We Reach Home

by Lynn Austin

English (12)  Dutch (1)  All languages (13)
Three Swedish girls make it through Ellis Island in 1897. This is the one with Sofia Carlson and Ludwig Schneider communicating via Bible verses in two languages. ( )
  jzdro | Feb 24, 2015 |
Wonderful story. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Wonderful story. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
My 1st Lynn Austin book. I literally couldn't put it down..I read it all day Saturday and I was left wanting more. This book could easily have been another 200 pages long.
There was so many unanswered questions left that kind of left me empty. I assume that everything works out as the author layed out.
I would like to read another of her books but I am not sure which one to pick up next.
This one was incredible and left me wanting more ! ( )
  Strawberryga | Dec 28, 2013 |
The book got off to a great start...then it became a sermon. The message was to "Have faith in God". I don't mind religion in books, but this was overkill in my opinion and overshadowed the story which could have been great. Sometimes less is more. ( )
  Shawna77 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764204955, Paperback)

Life in Sweden seems like an endless winter for three sisters after their mother's death and father's suicide. Elin feels the weight of responsibility for her sisters' welfare, and when circumstances become unbearable, she writes to her relatives in Chicago, pleading for help.

Joining sixteen million other immigrants who left their homelands for America between 1890 and 1920, Elin, Kirsten, and Sofia begin the long, difficult journey. Enduring the ocean voyage in steerage and detention on Ellis Island, their story is America's story. And in a journey fraught with hardships, each woman will come to understand her secret longings and the meaning of home.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:18 -0400)

Life in Sweden seems like an endless winter for three sisters after their mother's and father's suicides. Ellin writes to her relatives in Chicago, pleading for help. Joining 16 million other immigrants who leave their homelands for America between 1890 and 1920, Ellin, Kirsten, and Sophia begin the long, difficult journey fraught with hardships.… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,170,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible