Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

Wishful Drinking (2008)

by Carrie Fisher

A memoir- funny, but sad. Carry Fisher describes her life and alcoholism and how she gets sober. It talks about being brought up by her mom, Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher. (Most of the time they were divorced). She starred as Princess Leia in Star Wars and didn't really act much after that. ( )
  camplakejewel | Sep 14, 2017 |
I'm still sad that I am only just now appreciating how funny Carrie Fisher was. I listened to The Princess Diarist a few months ago, and then tried this one, too. If you've seen her Wishful Drinking show (I saw it aired on HBO a few months ago), there are some things that are repeated, since she tells a lot of the same stories in her show, but it was still definitely worth a listen. Miss you, space mama.
  sw502 | Aug 12, 2017 |
Wishful Drinking

I Picked Up This Book Because: Celebrity bios are my thing now.

The Story:

Carrie is an interesting lady. In this book she is very open about her life, her family and her struggles.

The Random Thoughts:

3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 27, 2017 |
With everything Carrie Fisher has gone through in her life, you wonder how she is able to maintain her sense of humor. An extremely witty book that tells her life story as well as what it was like to be the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher as well as her Star Wars experience. She also discusses her addictions and mental illness. Read this in one sitting. The world lost a real wit with her early death. I would have loved to have heard her thoughts on Donald Trump as President. ( )
  knahs | Jul 10, 2017 |
I saw a recording of the one woman show that covers the same material as this book. The show was great, and extremely funny. The book suffers a little by comparison. There's not a lot of logical progression or structure in the book, which works when delivered as a conversation but doesn't work as well in written form. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jul 1, 2017 |
To my DNA jackpot- my daughter Billie. For all you are and all you will be. I want to be like you when I grow up.
So I am fifty-two years old.

Carrie's in rehab
Billie is the greatest child
Grim hilarity

Fisher comes clean (well, sort of) with the crazy truth that is her life, in her first-ever memoir.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,642,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible