Rue Sans-Souci by Jo Nesbo

Rue Sans-Souci (original 2002; edition 2005)

by Jo Nesbo, Alexis Fouillet (Traduction)

Member:mathpoul
Title:Rue Sans-Souci
Authors:Jo Nesbo
Other authors:Alexis Fouillet (Traduction)
Info:Gaïa (2005), Broché, 504 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Nemesis by Jo Nesbo (2002)

English (76)  Swedish (2)  Danish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (85)
More twists and turns than the Tour de France, plus a writer who offers humour, insight and moral commentary in just enough dose to feel like I learned or pondered something worthwhile. Crime writing of the first order. ( )
  PhilipJHunt | Jul 3, 2016 |
This is my second Harry Hole novel and I couldn't put it down. It is well written and fast paced. I liked the fact that just when you think the case is solved Nesbo pulls the rug out from under you. I'm really looking forward to the other books in the series but as I have a pile of library books demanding my attention I better put Harry on hold for now. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
So I've ditched Mrs Dalloway for a bit to come back to it, maybe when I'm in a more ready frame of mind.

And what have I turned to? Crime fiction lol.

Another fab book from Jo Nesbø! Hadn't managed to figure out what happened til it was explained :) ( )
  GwenMcGinty | May 13, 2016 |
Many twists before the crimes are solved-very complicated! ( )
  Cricket856 | Jan 25, 2016 |
A gritty thriller with an existential, alcoholic detective and some worthy musings on the similarities between vengeance and what we talk about when we talk about justice. "Nemesis, the goddess of justice and vengeance." "Which the Romans pinched off the Greeks...They kept the scales, changed the whip for a sword, bound her eyes and called her Justitia...Blind justice. Cold-blooded vengeance. Our civilization rests in her hands. Isn't she beautiful?"

Well...isn't she? ( )

Vroom, Annelies deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Waldekranz, JanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'm going to die.

Captured on closed-circuit television: A man walks into an Oslo bank, puts a gun to a cashier’s head, and tells her to count to twenty-five. When he doesn’t get his money fast enough, he pulls the trigger. The young woman dies—and two million Norwegian kroner disappear without a trace.

After a drunken evening with his former girlfriend, Anna Bethsen, Police Detective Harry Hole wakes up at home with a headache, no cell phone, and no memory of the past twelve hours. That same day, Anna is found shot dead in her bedroom, making Hole a prime suspect in an investigation led by his hated adversary Tom Waaler. Meanwhile, the bank robberies continue with unparalleled savagery, sending rogue detective Hole from the streets of Oslo to steaming Brazil in a race to close two cases and clear his name. But Waaler isn’t finished with his longtime nemesis quite yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:01 -0400)

Oslo Police Detective Harry Hole is assigned to investigate a series of bank robberies of unparalleled savagery while at the same time absolving himself of the murder of his former girlfriend in a criminal investigation led by his longtime adversary Tom Waaler and Waaler's vigilante police force.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,634,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible