Whisper to the Blood: A Kate Shugak Novel…

Whisper to the Blood: A Kate Shugak Novel (Kate Shugak Mysteries) (edition 2009)

by Dana Stabenow

Member:AnneHudson
Title:Whisper to the Blood: A Kate Shugak Novel (Kate Shugak Mysteries)
Authors:Dana Stabenow
Info:Minotaur Books (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Read, Your library (inactive)

Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow

Recently added byprivate library, dm13, stevekover, CindyBrooks, DMEAllen

One of the things I like about the Kate Shugak series are the surprises that pop up, and how well everything is woven together throughout the story.

Whisper to the Blood was no exception, and another great entry in the series. Loved it. ( )
  GaylaDrummond | Mar 30, 2013 |
An excellent story, I love these books and particularly enjoy the fact that they are becoming more complex - see my full review http://www.dnsmedia.co.uk/reviews/bookreviews/1119 ( )
  AnneHudson | Jan 3, 2013 |
I've enjoyed Stabenow's work since her first novel, Second Star, and I request every new book at the library as soon as it hits their computer system. I'm glad I read this one, but it really took patience to get to the "good stuff." For some reason, the first half of the book moves very, very slowly. It does wrap up a loose end from the previous Shugak tale, but one of the book's two murders is solved in such a way that it seems an afterthought, right at the end.Still, Johnny Morgan, now 16, gets more "face time" in this book than in any of the earlier ones. The Aunties (Vi, Edna, Joy, and Balasha) all get some time, and we get more of their background than we've had in the past.I definitely recommend the book for confirmed fans of the Shugak series, but it wouldn't be the best place for a reader new to the author to start. ( )
  BellaMiaow | May 29, 2012 |
When a gold mining company purchases land in the Alaskan town of Niniltna, they hire Talia Macleod, an Alaskan native, to improve the morale of the local uneasy residents, But, before she's able to make it to her first town meeting, the people of Niniltna start to mysteriously die. Part-time private investigate and newly elected chairman of the Native Association, Kate Shugak, partners up with Trooper Jim Chopain to investigate the homicides. ( )
  jepeters333 | Apr 8, 2012 |
A strong entry into the series. Clears up some lingering mysteries: several murders, strange Auntie behavior, strenghthening her relationship with Jim. Sets up her growth in the next book nicely. Enjoyable, had trouble putting it down. ( )
  bgknighton | Mar 26, 2012 |
SIX MONTHS AGO

VANCOUVER, BC (AP): A Canadian-based mining firm. Global Harvest Resources Inc. (GHRI), yesterday announced the discovery of a gold, copper and molybdenum deposit on the state-leased land in Alaska's Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge.

Between two suspicious murders and a series of attacks on snow mobilers up the Kanuyaq River, part-time P.I. and newly elected chairman of the Niniltna Native Association Kate Shugak has her hands full.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,548,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible