Doomsday Can Wait by Lori Handeland

Doomsday Can Wait

by Lori Handeland

gritty ( )
  Janicemo | Jul 10, 2016 |
Liz works with Summer to find Jimmy. Then ends up having to work with Sawyer while Summer is helping Jimmy. They find a mabras, Luther. Liz also figures out a way to kill Sawyer's mother the Naye'i. We'll have to see what happens next. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I put off finishing this book in hopes of keeping Doomsday at bay but it seems that it is coming and I can't stop it. This was a fun read (if you ignore the end of the world as we know it bit). I will definitely read the next one - gotta find out who wins the war of dark and light! ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
I like the cover?

The writing . . . meh. Actually, this is one of those books that gives aspiring authors hope. Much like the Twilight series, the realization that this book was published -- and more than that, it's apparently part of a series -- is at once depressing and exhilarating.

Depressing because it's simply awful -- not in terms of plot, which had promise, but in terms of the actual writing. Dead writing, badly paced, and a lot of "telling," not "showing." There were times when I felt as though I was reading a badly written screenplay, because the focus was so much on dialogue and not at all on description.

Exhilarating, because if books like these get published on a regular basis, that gives any aspiring author of even minimal talent peace of mind. Sort of a, "If she can do it, god knows I can." ( )
  mephistia | Apr 6, 2013 |
Doomsday's been postponed... or has it? For ex-cop turned bartender Liz Phoenix lately a good day has been one in which mysterious forces of evil haven't been trying to either rape her or kill her. She's not averse to a little downtime - but unfortunately if there's no rest of the wicked, the forces of light can't sleep either. Things are once again heating up on the paranormal horizon, and Liz has no choice but to join forces with Navajo skinwalker Sawyer and the annoyingly cute fairy Summer. Their task? Defeat the Lady of Smoke - who just happens to be Sawyer's mother.... No one ever said it was gonna be easy!

Borrow, don't buy - this is a bit more even than the first installment, but still missing something. ( )
  SunnySD | May 13, 2011 |
A month ago I put a stake through the heart of the only man I've ever loved.

"It took the near-annihilation of humanity for Liz Phoenix to understand the true meaning of her premonitions. Liz is one of the sacred few on earth who has the psychic powers to fight the malevolent forces that have tried to wipe out the human race since the beginning of time. She battled these beings once, thwarting Doomsday but losing most of her soldiers in the massacre. Now she must replenish her troops quickly--because the supernatural war isn't over yet. As the new leader of the federation, Liz is marked for death by a malicious creature with a link to her past. To survive, she must rely on her few remaining allies, including her ex-lover, Jimmy Sanducci. Bringing Jimmy into the mix is a dangerous move, for Liz's darkest desires are razor-sharp--and her longing for Jimmy is at a fever pitch. But can Liz afford to give into the cravings that burn inside her, with the next shot at Doomsday just around the corner? This time, if evil wins, chaos will reign--and the world as we know it will be lost forever..."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,487,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible