Black Butler, Volume 5 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Volume 5

by Yana Toboso

Better each time i read it. Oh how wonderful it was. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
READ IN ENGLISH

If I were to describe this fifth episode in one word it would have to be CURRY.
Two words: Curry Bun.

It was quite curry-centered this time, and at the end of reading it I had developed quite an appetite for a nice hot curry. Why doesn't this manga comes with your own curry bun?

It was once more a very nice read, even though there was a lack of shinigami, unfortunately. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Curry competition! Curry is awesome and I wish I could try theirs! Prince Soma finds Mira and grows up some in the process. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This is the conclusion of the Curry Cooking fight. Which actually ends in a tie, until the Queen shows up and just gives it to Sebastian. All of this followed by Soma going "It took the English to show us our heritage!" Mind you Soma and Agni are supposed to be Indian. Soma being a prince and Agni being his bodyguard or such.

I mean this is of course littered with "be a good Indian and support the English" because the mangaka has done the research BUT.. still this is a pretty shit episode. I mean it even leaves out that Agni is supposed to win because the Indians eat with their fingers and Sebatian won by making curry bread "that anyone can eat". So it's like =____ = ( )
  Maverynthia | May 11, 2016 |
This is the 5th book in the Black Butler series. This was just as wonderfully drawn and well done as previous book in the series. Although there is less action than the first few books in the series.

It’s curry challenge time! Ciel has entered the winter curry challenge in hopes of winning the Queen’s seal of approval for his new food line. It’s up to Sebastian to learn the fine art of curry making in a very
short time span. Neither him nor his top competitor thinks losing is an option.

As with previous mangas in this series, this manga is incredibly well illustrated with tons of beautiful detail. I just love looking at the pictures throughout.

This story takes a step back from demons, crime, and action and focuses on more day to day events. It is all well done (although I did enjoy the earlier books a bit more).

We see a new side to Ciel, he is a bit jealous of Sebastian’s perfection and is rooting for the other team (despite the fact that would mean less business for him). I love Ciel’s desire for Sebastian to fail at something; it was very funny.

Overall a well done continuation of the Black Butler series. I loved it a lot and found it highly entertaining. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. This manga is recommended to those who enjoy historical settings (Victorian), humor, and some supernatural elements to their mangas. ( )
  krau0098 | Nov 21, 2015 |

For an impeccable gentleman's butler like Sebastian Michaelis, the word "impossible" is just not in his vocabulary. Everything demanded of him under the English sun is well within his grasp. But do his talents extend to things under the scalding Indian sun?! As Harold West-Jeb's plan to use Agni, Prince Soma's superhuman butler, in a curry battle to win himself a Royal Warrant is exposed, Earl Ciel Phantomhive sets Sebastian to the task of creating an incomparable curry to defeat the despicable West-Jeb. But how can Ciel's devil of a butler possibly best Agni, the man with the Right Hand of God?!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,322,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible