Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

Where the Red Fern Grows (1961)

by Wilson Rawls

7,999191403 (4.02)149

English (191)  Dutch (1)  All languages (192)
One of my favorite books, I would definitely recommend. You truly fall in love with the characters, from beginning to end. Always guaranteed to make you shed a tear! ( )
  Annabelleurb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I read this as a kid and decided to pick it up again.Great story of a boy and his dogs! I cried my eyes out! ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
GL: 6.4
DRA: 60
Lexile: 700L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
I loved this book when I read it as a child. I cried my eyes out, but it was wonderful. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

Rawls, Wilsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heald, AnthonyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGinnis, RobertCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my wonderful wife
without whose help this book
would not have been
When I left my office that beautiful spring day, I had no idea what was in store for me.
This is the original book by Wilson Rawls; please do not combine with any film adaptation.

ISBN 0821919873 is not a dvd.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440412676, Paperback)

Author Wilson Rawls spent his boyhood much like the character of this book, Billy Colman, roaming the Ozarks of northeastern Oklahoma with his bluetick hound. A straightforward, shoot-from-the-hip storyteller with a searingly honest voice, Rawls is well-loved for this powerful 1961 classic and the award-winning novel Summer of the Monkeys. In Where the Red Fern Grows, Billy and his precious coonhound pups romp relentlessly through the Ozarks, trying to "tree" the elusive raccoon. In time, the inseparable trio wins the coveted gold cup in the annual coon-hunt contest, captures the wily ghost coon, and bravely fights with a mountain lion. When the victory over the mountain lion turns to tragedy, Billy grieves, but learns the beautiful old Native American legend of the sacred red fern that grows over the graves of his dogs. This unforgettable classic belongs on every child's bookshelf. (Ages 9 and up)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:43 -0400)

A young boy living in the Ozarks achieves his heart's desire when he becomes the owner of two redbone hounds and teaches them to be champion hunters.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,743,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible