Perlman's Ordeal by Brooks Hansen

Perlman's Ordeal

by Brooks Hansen

Early this century in London, a woman in a state of schizophrenia is brought to Doctor Perlman, he attempts to cure her with hypnosis, but she persists in her claim that she is from the lost continent of Atlantis. Nonsense, he thinks, but Madame Helena, a famous spiritualist intends to show him he is wrong.… (more)

A very interesting work. Like Toole and The Neon Bible, it is hard to fairly assess a work when it looms in the shadow of the true greatness of another of the author's own works. However, the benefit of the doubt must apply here due to the fact that this same man wrote The Chess Garden. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really wanted to like this book more than I did, especially since The Chess Garden was so sublime. Perlman's Ordeal at least held my interest enough for me to finish it, but it didn't stick with me the way The Chess Garden does to this day. ( )
  RodV | Feb 18, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,194,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible