Can You See What I See? by Walter Wick

Can You See What I See? (edition 2002)

by Walter Wick

Member:slaterfamily
Title:Can You See What I See?
Authors:Walter Wick
Info:Cartwheel (2002), Edition: First Edition, 3rd Printing, Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Iowa
Tags:picture books, puzzles, grade level?

Can You See What I See? by Walter Wick

This is a great book to teach children how to take their time and focus. The words are large and easy to read. The pages are bright and colorful to keep a childs attention. ( )
  glynish | Jul 8, 2009 |
This book is a great way to make children think outside the box. The use of creative naming made the book more enjoyable to read, becuase you are not expecting to some of the things named to exsist "a five cent card". Good book to keep children engaged and occupied.
  lindsaygits1 | May 30, 2008 |
I love it! The pictures are great, the rhyms are great -- a book that I think any 4th-8th grader would enjoy. I could do alot with this book. Its great for quiet activities and concetration activities. I like how it gets the kids invovled. I could use it as an example of poetry. I could use it when talking about nouns -- there's plenty in there. I could also use it for art class -- have the kids draw their own picture puzzle. Definitely a fun book! ( )
  littlebit89 | Dec 31, 1969 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439163919, Hardcover)

Deceptively simple, Walter Wick's Can You See What I See? pairs rhyming lists of miniature objects with big, jam-packed photographs of the kinds of odds and ends found in any toy chest: blocks, beads, robots, dice, marbles, plastic animals, and game-board playing pieces. As in the I Spy series by Wick and rhymester Jean Marzollo, readers are invited to find the objects buried within the carefully chaotic piles. But Wick goes beyond the original formula in this book, slipping extra puzzles into the picture. Each rhyme ends with the beginning of a new game; in "Spare Parts," for example, after finding the listed items, readers must match 10 parts to 10 broken toys. In other games, readers spot the differences between objects, find their way out of a maze, decipher cryptic messages, or figure out optical illusions. Clever, sharp-eyed kids who are ready for greater challenges than the I Spy picture riddle series (I Spy Year-Round Challenger!, I Spy Funhouse, etc.), fire up those brain synapses! (Ages 3 to 7) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:47 -0400)

Presents twelve brain-teasing hidden picture puzzles to solve.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,626,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible