Messenger by Lois Lowry

Messenger (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Lois Lowry

Member:jkeaton
Title:Messenger
Authors:Lois Lowry
Info:Bantam Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2012, authors, children

Messenger by Lois Lowry (2004)

English (138)  Italian (1)  English (139)
The messenger is a good book that makes fantasy interesting and demonstrates the power of teamwork. The characters are very relatable. I would recommend this book to anyone ( )
  jtocain | Oct 23, 2016 |
This book is a good read that ties in with two previous books that Lois Lowry wrote. It includes positive role models and messages. I believe that this would be a great book for anyone around age 12 and up. ( )
  achclaire | Oct 23, 2016 |
This is a good series. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
A great science fiction novel. This story grasps your attention at the beginning of the book and holds it to the very end. While reading this book, you will become a non-existent character in this book. This is a great novel to analyze and go into depth with students.
  JasmineARice | Jul 28, 2016 |
The part with the gaming machine was pretty bizarre- how would it create those special candies? I understand Mattie's gift and what became of it, but I wasn't happy with the ending. I'm definitely curious about the final book in The Giver Series. ( )
  t1bnotown | Jul 28, 2016 |
While ''Messenger'' may tie the three stories together just a little too neatly, it is still far from a sweet resolution. Up to the last anguished page, Lois Lowry shows how hard it is to build community. I suspect that many young readers will want to return to all three stories.

This book is about a boy named Matty who came to the Village six years ago and now they want to close the village to newcomers. Matty must send messages to those who are planning to come and move to the Village including where he originated from. I didn't really like this book as it didn't interest me and its description's were weak and vague. I didn't like the way the author wrote the book especially at the end of the book where it was unclear what happened. I think it is a good book for people who like science fiction books. I also didn't like this book because it had mythical things like "using your gift to change the world."
added by 16beny | editBen

Lois Lowryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Morse, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Matty was impatient to have supper preparations over and done with.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0385737165, Mass Market Paperback)

Lois Lowry’s Messenger continues the quartet beginning with the quintessential dystopian novel, The Giver, and Gathering Blue, followed by Son.

For the past six years, Matty has lived in Village and flourished under the guidance of Seer, a blind man, known for his special sight. Village was a place that welcomed newcomers, but something sinister has seeped into Village and the people have voted to close it to outsiders. Matty has been invaluable as a messenger. Now he must make one last journey through the treacherous forest with his only weapon, a power he unexpectedly discovers within himself.

From the Trade Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:22 -0400)

Matty, a young member of a utopian community that values honesty, conceals an emerging healing power that he cannot explain or understand.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,627,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible