I Wish That I Had Duck Feet (Beginner…

I Wish That I Had Duck Feet (Beginner Books(R)) (original 1965; edition 1965)

by Theo. LeSieg, B Tobey (Illustrator)

Member:hreilly
Title:I Wish That I Had Duck Feet (Beginner Books(R))
Authors:Theo. LeSieg
Other authors:B Tobey (Illustrator)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1965), Hardcover, 72 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Young children, picture book

I Wish That I Had Duck Feet by Dr. Suess (1965)

When reading this book as a 19 year old, it seems silly. But I remember when I would read this book as a young student and I really enjoyed it! I think the rhyming is great for young kids, the font size is huge and the pictures describe what is happening! ( )
  dgillu1 | Sep 10, 2018 |
This book is fun and full of imagination. Students would find the animal part funny but would also be able to empathize with the main character when things didn't go according to plan. It highlights the importance of loving who you are and never wanting to change yourself. However, the book is long and can become a difficult read for students. ( )
  MadiBorchardt | Feb 28, 2018 |
This brings back fond childhood memories. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
This book connects great with students through rhymes, make believe, and great overall message. It is predictable text because of the rhymes and rhythm that makes this book unique. It sends a great message that it is best to be who we are and wish not to be anyone else but ourselves.
  mmg020 | Apr 27, 2015 |
Kindergarten series
  RachelHollingsworth | Feb 24, 2015 |

Suess, Dr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tobey, B.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
I wish that I had duck feet. And I can tell you why.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800400, Hardcover)

Another silly title from the Beginner Books series (the same place that Dr. Seuss and the Berenstains hang their hats), I Wish That I Had Duck Feet follows one little guy's dreams of borrowing all sorts of useful appendages from the animal world. "I wish that I had duck feet. And I can tell you why. You can splash around in duck feet. You don't have to keep them dry." But each time he imagines something new--those duck feet, a prickly pair of deer horns perfect for playing football, a spraying whale spout to keep his classroom cool--he realizes that it's not always all it's cracked up to be. "BUT... If I had a long, long tail, I know that Big Bill Brown would tie me in a tree! He would! Then how would I get down?" A vacuuming mom and pipe-smoking dad are straight out of '60s suburbia (Duck Feet first came out in 1965), but the playful illustrations and catchy rhymes still make for good fun. (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:31 -0400)

A boy imagines what it would be like if he had such things as duck feet, a whale spout, and an elephant's trunk.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible