Color Zoo by Lois Ehlert

Color Zoo (edition 1989)

by Lois Ehlert, Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)

Member:audreydodge
Title:Color Zoo
Authors:Lois Ehlert
Other authors:Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1989), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:ABC, Counting, Wordless, Concept

Color Zoo by Lois Ehlert

This is an excellent board book that really gets kids thinking about the shapes. Once they see that there are more animals hidden within the same picture, they will start to look for them. It's a fun game and a great way to learn shapes. However, the animal picture is so much more stimulating than the picture of the shape on the opposite page, the teacher or parent will have to take time to draw attention and discussion to the shape itself.
  NancyDW | Feb 23, 2014 |
This book introduces zoo animals by using different shapes and colors. At the end of the book it lists all the shapes and colors with matching pictures. I would use this in my classroom as it teaches shapes and color along with different animals. This book would be appropriate for grades pre-k-1st.
  hartung_r | Nov 20, 2013 |
This interactive book teach children about color, shapes and animals .
Source: Pierce College Library
Age: 3 - 5
  latin269 | Nov 15, 2013 |
This book shows shapes in forms of animals. I like this book because it is so colorful and shows shapes, I would use this in my classroom to teach shapes. grades before school -1.
  AmandaHempleman | Nov 8, 2013 |
PK-3. Teaches shapes, colors and animals. This is in my library because it is a fun way to learn.
  CaseyKamps | Oct 15, 2013 |
I would use this book in the classroom when teaching about shapes. It is great of the students to see the pages in full color and feel the shapes.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Lots of shapes and colors and animals in this book. It's a good book to look at, structurally, after "Go Away, Big Green Monster". I think some of the shapes the animals are forced into and some of the colors chosen end up being confusing for the preschool reader. This is not one of my favorite books to use for concepts.

Shapes and colors in your zoo, lots of things that you can do. Heads and ears, beaks and snouts, that's what animals are all about. I know animals and you do too; make some new ones for your zoo.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:50 -0400)

Introduces colors and shapes with illustrations of shapes on die-cut pages that form animal faces when placed on top of one another.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,980,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible