How Do I Love Thee by Lurlene McDaniel

How Do I Love Thee

by Lurlene McDaniel

How Do I Love Thee contains three stories about teens dealing with love and illness. The first story is about a boy who falls in love with a girl whose medical issues isolate her from the rest of the world. The second story is about a girl who is torn between her love of two brothers. The third story is about a chronically ill girls who falls in love with an ex-gang member who works at the hospital. I can see how McDaniel's novels would appeal to teens and young adults. The characters struggle with many of the issues that teenagers are dealing with everyday. It was a little dramatic for me, I have never been a fan of sad stories and they were a little to full of teenage angst for my tastes. Overall it was OK, but my appreciation for it suffered because I have recently read John Green's The Fault of Our Stars which covered similar issues and themes, but much better. ( )
  Cora-R | Jan 13, 2016 |
there are not enough words in the whole universe to sum up this book, it made me laugh and cry, and everything in between, the best book iv ever read, by far, and iv read MANY. ( )
  dramaqueen14 | Sep 3, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553571079, Mass Market Paperback)

Though written more than a century ago, Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s beautiful sonnet rings true today for three young couples who believe in the power of love.

In “Night Vision,” Brett finds a way to brighten a special girl’s lonely existence. “Bobby’s Girl” features Dana, who must choose between two brothers, both of whom she loves. “Laura’s Heart,” the third story, introduces 16-year-old Laura Carson, who is hospitalized on a regular basis because of her weak heart. But when tragedy strikes a loved one, she realizes her heart is stronger than she thought and that love lives on forever.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:35 -0400)

A collection of three stories in which teenagers facing life-threatening illnesses find that love can make all things bearable.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,852,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible