The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind…

The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

Recently added bybchccc, wyliem, private library, midorin, PastorBob, BMR3, misfitmedic, MeriwetherR

English (20)  French (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (23)
Rick and the gang find a prison - the perfect place to protect them from the zombies.

Still loving it! I liked this one better than Volume 2. ( )
  norabelle414 | Dec 10, 2013 |
Really powerful stuff, especially in the use of B&W graphics rather than colour, but then the blood and gore in full colour may have been too much for some.

I've come to these stories late, after watching the television series based on them from the start, and am finding the differences in the storylines and characters the most interesting thing.

I've decided I have to collect more of them. ( )
  Davros-10 | Nov 30, 2013 |
Ok, so maybe it was not the best idea to read so many issues back-to-back. Clearly having a world overrun by zombies is an indication to the reader that the characters will not be having a whole lot of happy fun time but damn Robert Kirkman pulls no punches. The zombies take a back seat to the real monsters of this story...us.

What I learned from Volume 3: People are f**king crazy! ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
Maybe 2.5 stars. I still really don't like the artist of these last two volumes, and his art style is such that I am having trouble telling characters apart. I never had trouble in the first volume, and I felt the characters looked more like real people and less wooden. I appreciate the focus on character drama over straight zombie horror, but the story is starting to feel like it runs the same cycle in every volume, despite individual character differences, and if that continues, I'll soon be tired of this series. I have more thoughts on this series so far, but I might try to read a couple more before trying to articulate them. I have a feeling that it will make a much better TV series. ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |
The Walking Dead issues #13–18 ( )
  OstensiblyA1 | Sep 20, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is not the same as The Walking Dead Book Three (collecting 25–36) or The Walking Dead Volume 3 Deluxe HC (collecting 49–72). Do not combine them.

"This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other."--Amazon.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,243,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible