The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind…

The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

1,020268,327 (4.07)38

English (23)  French (2)  Danish (1)  All (26)
The pacing/momentum is incredible in this volume, and it's always interesting when humans are the bigger danger in a zombie apocalypse than the zombies themselves. The story, I think, is really picking up, but the characters are still lacking in development, which for a character-driven narrative is rather problematic. The female characters are especially terribly written and hardly pass the Bechdel test. ( )
  StefanieBrookTrout | Feb 4, 2017 |
Omg, things are just getting so fucked up!

I am trying to not compare this to the HBO show but I just can't help it... I miss Darryl. There is no Darryl in these comics as of yet. BUT there is a lot of richness to the story as there are so many characters.

Sometimes i am wondering what these would look like in colour, but black and white is fine also. There are so many twists and turns in the plot, it is shocking me every five minutes. No-one is safe, I am not sure I have a favourite character yet... I do really like Tyrese and of course Rick.. Also Glenn. Not too fond of everyone else though, although Sophia is adorable.

I am officially binge reading these. ( )
  4everfanatical | Feb 5, 2016 |
Ok, so I am really loving the graphic novels. I'm not really a fan of them, so I'm thinking it has to have a lot to do with the subject, but so far it's awesome! Love the prison in general. One of my favourite parts of the show so far (yes I know that they are VERY different). ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Very chaotic all-over-the-place storyline. A little difficult to follow with all the time jumps and back-and-forth scenes, but definitely a good read. This volume made me hate Lori even more than I did watching the show, but there was enough appeal in the rest of the characters to keep me engaged. Definitely want to continue the series. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 19, 2015 |
Rick and the gang find a prison - the perfect place to protect them from the zombies.

Still loving it! I liked this one better than Volume 2. ( )
  norabelle414 | Dec 10, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Please tell me that's the last time we're all going to have to pack into that thing.
This is not the same as The Walking Dead Book Three (collecting 25–36) or The Walking Dead Volume 3 Deluxe HC (collecting 49–72). Do not combine them.

"This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other."--Amazon.com.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,900,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible