The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind…

The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

English (21)  French (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (24)
Omg, things are just getting so fucked up!

I am trying to not compare this to the HBO show but I just can't help it... I miss Darryl. There is no Darryl in these comics as of yet. BUT there is a lot of richness to the story as there are so many characters.

Sometimes i am wondering what these would look like in colour, but black and white is fine also. There are so many twists and turns in the plot, it is shocking me every five minutes. No-one is safe, I am not sure I have a favourite character yet... I do really like Tyrese and of course Rick.. Also Glenn. Not too fond of everyone else though, although Sophia is adorable.

I am officially binge reading these. ( )
  KittyBimble | Feb 21, 2015 |
Rick and the gang find a prison - the perfect place to protect them from the zombies.

Still loving it! I liked this one better than Volume 2. ( )
  norabelle414 | Dec 10, 2013 |
Really powerful stuff, especially in the use of B&W graphics rather than colour, but then the blood and gore in full colour may have been too much for some.

I've come to these stories late, after watching the television series based on them from the start, and am finding the differences in the storylines and characters the most interesting thing.

I've decided I have to collect more of them. ( )
  Davros-10 | Nov 30, 2013 |
Ok, so maybe it was not the best idea to read so many issues back-to-back. Clearly having a world overrun by zombies is an indication to the reader that the characters will not be having a whole lot of happy fun time but damn Robert Kirkman pulls no punches. The zombies take a back seat to the real monsters of this story...us.

What I learned from Volume 3: People are f**king crazy! ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
Maybe 2.5 stars. I still really don't like the artist of these last two volumes, and his art style is such that I am having trouble telling characters apart. I never had trouble in the first volume, and I felt the characters looked more like real people and less wooden. I appreciate the focus on character drama over straight zombie horror, but the story is starting to feel like it runs the same cycle in every volume, despite individual character differences, and if that continues, I'll soon be tired of this series. I have more thoughts on this series so far, but I might try to read a couple more before trying to articulate them. I have a feeling that it will make a much better TV series. ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is not the same as The Walking Dead Book Three (collecting 25–36) or The Walking Dead Volume 3 Deluxe HC (collecting 49–72). Do not combine them.

"This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other."--Amazon.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,749,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible