Google Your Family Tree: Unlocking the…

Google Your Family Tree: Unlocking the Hidden Power of Google (2008)

by Daniel M. Lynch

A guidebook that teaches family historians how to unlock the hidden power of the Internet's most popular search engine.

unlock the hidden power of Google
  Pennylbb | Aug 27, 2016 |
As the Internet's most popular search engine, Google has firmly established itself as an indispensable tool for billinos of people world wide. During the past decarde, genealogy and family history research have experienced unprecendented growth due in large part to the electonic availability of family records via the Internet. This book explains how to use the many powerful capabilities contained within Google to jumpstart a family history search - and does so in simple, easy-to-understand language.
  LisaEllam | Mar 7, 2010 |
I love this book! I learned so much from it. I would recommend it to everyone - even if you aren't interested in genealogy. It will help you with all your Google searches. ( )
  SharonTMSI | May 1, 2009 |
This book is fantastic! It explains the many ways that Google can open up your internet genealogy research. Wish I had written it! ( )
  relativelycurious | Mar 26, 2009 |
No matter how tech-savvy you are, you can learn from this meticulously researched and documented book. Even if you are not interested in researching your family history, this book will expand your abilities to search and find information online. Lynch patiently explains each Google function and relates it to genealogy with clear examples.
A must-have reference book. ( )
1 vote BeachWriter | Feb 14, 2009 |
This book is dedicated to all my ancestors — Irish, Italian, and American—but especially to my maternal grandmother, Louise Ditoto Lombardo (1911 - 1991). I often think about how much she would have enjoyed the Internet and the many places she could have visited and things she could have learned, all without leaving the comfort of her favorite chair.

Also to my daughters, Hannah and Eliza, who have never known a world without the Internet. It's difficult to imagine the technology that will be commonplace when they are my age, but I can only hope that they will continue to use it to research, record, and share our family history with their children.

One to two inch margins at the top, bottom and outer edge of every page (for note-taking) add to the size, weight and price. Many pages consist of little more than screen-shots. A number of lined pages are included for more notes. One chapter consists of how to do reverse telephone number look-ups, VIN look-ups, track UPS and FedEx deliveries and how to find movies playing in your neighborhood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,753,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible