Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe

It may be crazy to say this about a tie-in novel, but this may be the best science fiction books I've read in the last year or two. The characters were well developed and explained, and the back story of the interrogation of a heretic was expertly woven into the plot. As the novel progresses in both areas, we see an interesting story of the main character develop, a chaplain who has began to question his faith after all these years. The more the story develops and the layers of secrecy are revealed, the more drawn in I became until I couldn't put the novel down. The final revelations in both the flashbacks and the main storyline were amazing, and this book definitely left me wanting more. It is so nice to see actual character development, interesting ideas, great action, and interesting story progression all blended together into a read that never got boring. If someone where to ask which Warhammer 40k novel they should read to get into the series, I would strongly recommend this book above others. ( )
  bjh13 | Dec 27, 2011 |
What if official history is not what it seems? What if those willing to put their lives for the cause are constantly lied and misdirected (sounds familiar doesn’t it)?
I truly enjoyed this book because it approaches w40k universe from very different perspective, one that is very close to modern life – history is written by survivors and [as it is the case] it may not be true [due to heavy censorship and intentions of the writers].

Highly recommended. ( )
1 vote Zare | Feb 23, 2009 |

The Dark Angels fight with a ferocity that marks them as the most devout of the Emperor's servants. None are more dedicated to the God-Emperor than the Angels of Darkness. But the Chapter holds a dark secret that stretches back to the great Horus Heresy, when humanity was torn apart by intergalactic civil war.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,249,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible