The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by…

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (edition 2009)

by Jennifer Ashley (Author)

Member:bkluvr4evr
Title:The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
Authors:Jennifer Ashley (Author)
Info:Leisure Books (2009), Mass Market Paperback
Collections:Your library, Historical Romance, ebooks
Rating:*****

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

English (51)  Spanish (1)  All languages (52)
I think this is the first time I've read about a hero who is autistic. I don't know enough about it to praise or rage as the case may be. All I can do is write about the characters and the story. I wish I knew more about autism, so I can properly rate every aspect of this story.

There are a number of things that are wonderfully depicted here. The two main characters are great. She is a wonderful, strong and loving person. She isn't a damsel in distress. She is simply one of those good people. Her love is mature. She knows Ian is different, but she never tries to change a single thing about him.
Ian Mackenzie is a genius who has trouble in crowds, he has brilliant and flawless memory and he is determined he can't love. "Is this what love feels like?" he whispered to her. "I don't like it, my Beth. It hurts too much." This is also a murder mystery. Two courtesans are murdered and a very persistent detective is convinced Ian Mackenzie did it. I loved how Beth never though that might be true.

The things that stand out are: Beth and Ian don't get separated by a misunderstanding or something similar, there is another great female character (the second book is hers) and none of the characters are perfect. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. The whole series in fact. Ian is special and I like the fact that he is not your normal male counterpart in a romance novel. The book is definitely sexy, it's interesting and an enjoyable read. I like that the series surrounds a family because it makes each book that comes out just as interesting to read. I also enjoy the female characters as they are not totally dependent on the men (like half brain twits). ( )
  emaleszewski | Mar 2, 2014 |
Uggh. I've been reading some trash lately because I've having a hard time getting through Proust, but this took it too far. The characters and situations were too implausible for me to handle. ( )
  thatotter | Feb 6, 2014 |

This book had a good premise.

Crazy fellow(not like that awful Flowers in a Storm book), widow. But it failed so badly in its execution that I don't have words for it. Ian pleased me in the beginning with his ranginess but the author kind of stomped all over it with the way he gets in the end. He tells her he loves her, he looks her in the eye. I really wish she hadn't succumbed to make it so... cookie cutter.

The mystery is so flimsy it's crazy.

Atleast the brothers are all equally flawed.

Poor poor Ian, though.

ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
Review of the audiobook.

There is no way that I could rate any of Jennifer Ashley's Highland Pleasure novels as less than five stars! That said, however, I am not at all a fan of the narrator, Angela Dawe. I've listened to this one, plus my favorite, [b:The Many Sins of Lord Cameron|8563824|The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3)|Jennifer Ashley|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1300209650s/8563824.jpg|13432297], but no more! ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |

Jennifer Ashleyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I find that a Ming bowl is like a woman's breast, Sir Lyndon Mather said to Ian Mackenzie, who held the bowl in question between his fingertips.

In the aristocratic circles of London, 1881, everyone says Lord Ian McKenzie is crazy--and possibly a murderer--but a young widow longing for passion is determined to bare the truth about the dashing and darkly charming Scotsman.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,025,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible