The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by…

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (edition 2009)

by Jennifer Ashley (Author)

Member:bkluvr4evr
Title:The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
Authors:Jennifer Ashley (Author)
Info:Leisure Books (2009), Mass Market Paperback
Collections:Your library, Historical Romance, ebooks
Rating:*****

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Recently added byQurkyGirl22, SofiaD, atcolorado, bookwormam, Megan-Kyle, bonreads, Coyote99, private library, lavender9

English (50)  Spanish (1)  All languages (51)
I really enjoyed this book. The whole series in fact. Ian is special and I like the fact that he is not your normal male counterpart in a romance novel. The book is definitely sexy, it's interesting and an enjoyable read. I like that the series surrounds a family because it makes each book that comes out just as interesting to read. I also enjoy the female characters as they are not totally dependent on the men (like half brain twits). ( )
  emaleszewski | Mar 2, 2014 |
Uggh. I've been reading some trash lately because I've having a hard time getting through Proust, but this took it too far. The characters and situations were too implausible for me to handle. ( )
  thatotter | Feb 6, 2014 |

This book had a good premise.

Crazy fellow(not like that awful Flowers in a Storm book), widow. But it failed so badly in its execution that I don't have words for it. Ian pleased me in the beginning with his ranginess but the author kind of stomped all over it with the way he gets in the end. He tells her he loves her, he looks her in the eye. I really wish she hadn't succumbed to make it so... cookie cutter.

The mystery is so flimsy it's crazy.

Atleast the brothers are all equally flawed.

Poor poor Ian, though.

ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
Review of the audiobook.

There is no way that I could rate any of Jennifer Ashley's Highland Pleasure novels as less than five stars! That said, however, I am not at all a fan of the narrator, Angela Dawe. I've listened to this one, plus my favorite, [b:The Many Sins of Lord Cameron|8563824|The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3)|Jennifer Ashley|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1300209650s/8563824.jpg|13432297], but no more! ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
This book deserves the high ratings it has received. The story of Ian and Beth is touching, funny, sad, and enthralling. The plot is original and surprising. I loved the entire Mackenzie clan, and Jennifer Ashley creates an interesting family who will draw you in to the whole series. I only wish she wrote faster!

I've now read [b:The Many Sins of Lord Cameron|8563824|The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3)|Jennifer Ashley|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1300209650s/8563824.jpg|13432297] and [b:Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage|7070067|Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2)|Jennifer Ashley|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1322336962s/7070067.jpg|7323377] and am impatiently awaiting the April 2012 release of [b:The Duke's Perfect Wife|8563829|The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4)|Jennifer Ashley|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1317220977s/8563829.jpg|13432302]. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |

Jennifer Ashleyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I find that a Ming bowl is like a woman's breast, Sir Lyndon Mather said to Ian Mackenzie, who held the bowl in question between his fingertips.

In the aristocratic circles of London, 1881, everyone says Lord Ian McKenzie is crazy--and possibly a murderer--but a young widow longing for passion is determined to bare the truth about the dashing and darkly charming Scotsman.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible