Little Bit Scary People, The by Emily…

Little Bit Scary People, The (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Emily Jenkins, Alexandra Boiger (Illustrator)

Title:Little Bit Scary People, The
Authors:Emily Jenkins
Other authors:Alexandra Boiger (Illustrator)
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2008), Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:Picture Books, Read but unowned
Tags:differences, scary, family

The Little Bit Scary People by Emily Jenkins (2008)

47 months - All kids find some adults scary or intimidating at times... but they're really just like everyone else. A good book for timid kids... this would have been good to have read with O about a year ago when she was really clingy and bothered by too much going on around her and anything loud. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Recommended by Ellen at the circ desk.

The little girl first-person narrator is scared of nearly everyone, but she overcomes her fears by imagining them in different scenarios in their own lives. ( )
  JennyArch | Jan 14, 2015 |
This book is awesome. I love that it sensitively and with humor shows children that while some people can be intimidating, they are really just people. ( )
  kradish | Jul 30, 2014 |
I liked the pattern that this story followed with someone doing something strange or aggressive and then showing the softer side that they kept hidden away originally. It was nicely presented. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
Nominated 2009-2010 for the Chickadee Award. Pretty good. I'm not convinced all the people aren't scary though. :) ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
To my students in the New York University Gallatin School "Writing for Children" course, without whom this book would never have been good enough -- E.J.
To Tatiana and Luis, my not so scary friends -- A.B.
The big boy with thick eyebrows rides his skateboard on the sidewalk and cranks the radio so loud, my dad yells out the window for him to turn it down.

He's a little bit SCARY.

Some people are a little bit strange or a little too loud, and just a little bit scary. But I bet, if you knew them, and knew their favorite things, you'd think that maybe, (probably) most people aren't so scary after all.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,883,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible