Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 2: Learning Curve…

Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 2: Learning Curve (edition 2002)

by Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley (Illustrator)

235349,137 (4)1
Member:Tafadhali
Title:Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 2: Learning Curve
Authors:Brian Michael Bendis
Other authors:Mark Bagley (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2002), Paperback, 144 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:comics, read, american, 21st century, superheroes, read:2002

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2: Learning Curve by Brian Michael Bendis

This was fun and a quick read. It follows up well on the first volume, showing us Peter's difficulties with getting to grips with the superhero gig. I like that he's not immediately an amazing crime fighter, that he has learning to do and he's not invulnerable. I liked the developments with Mary Jane, too.

I wasn't as sure about some of the art, like the pages just basically full of panels of people's faces. I get that they're portraying a conversation, and I'm sure I could pull out reasons from my comics class for why they set up the page that way, but it doesn't work as a technique for me as a reader. ( )
  shanaqui | Nov 22, 2013 |
Having the superpowers to climb walls and to protect the city from the largest menace, Kingpin.

I like spiderman because off all the action and suspense that it has and my grandson loves the pictures.

I would use this book in my classroom to show how this person is a hero. And how he is just a person like you and I.
  belindamcdonald | Nov 20, 2010 |
Spider-Man learns that he can get paid for taking photos of himself, and decides that the Kingpin is not a nice man. Perhaps confusing himself with Daredevil he decides it is more damaging if he can get information on him doing some crime, rather than just beating him up.

Also decides to come out to his would-be girlfriend.

http://graphicsf.blogspot.com/2007/01/ultimate-spider-man-2-learning-curve.html ( )
  bluetyson | Jan 12, 2007 |
You rent-a-cops think you make enough an hour to take another hit of that?
Volume 2 softcover "Learning Curve" is different than Volume 2 hardcover (which doesn't have a separate title). The hardcover is a collection of softcovers.

Peter Parker takes a job at the Daily Bugle, learns of the Kingpin's ties to his uncle's murder, and tries to figure out how to stop his Spider-Man alter-ego from interfering with his relationship with Mary Jane Watson.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,110,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible