Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings, Book 6) by…

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings, Book 6) (edition 2009)

by Nalini Singh

Member:charlee2
Title:Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings, Book 6)
Authors:Nalini Singh
Info:Berkley (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:nalini singh, paranormal

Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh

Dark Fire by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    The Darkest Kiss by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

English (24)  German (1)  All languages (25)
Another great piece in the psy changeling series! I loved the bits of info about the council, the human alliance, and even some new changelings! Mercy and Riley weren't my favorite couple. I had a hard time really getting into them as a couple (which is weird-half the book was them having sex and I just didn't buy them as a couple!). But, like always, Singh adds so much depth to her world that you can't wait for more! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
3.5 stars

Branded by Fire was OK. I really liked Mercy and Riley. I thought they made a great couple, even though it was hard for them to relent at times. I felt there was way too much going on in the story and it seemed to really bog things down. Not the best in the series, but a decent read nonetheless. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Branded by Fire
5 Stars

Synopsis
As the liaisons responsible for the alliance between their Changeling packs, Mercy Smith, a DarkRiver Sentinel, and Riley Kincaid, a SnowDancer lieutenant, are locked in the ultimate battle of wills for dominance over each other. As they struggle with the passion between them, dangerous enemies are closing in with the aim of destroying everything the leopards and wolves are fighting for.

Review
The title of this book is extremely apt - the romance is explosive and the developments in the overall story arc are intriguing.

While the last two installments in the series were OK, neither managed to really sink their claws in, but Mercy and Riley's story succeeds where they failed. It is equal to and may even surpass Judd and Brenna's book.

Riley and Mercy just ooze sexual tension and chemistry. Their interactions are combustible as they test the boundaries of their relationship. The way in which they learn to accept and respect each others differences is very entertaining. Although they get together very quickly, it is believable given their Changeling natures and the fact that they have been pushing each others buttons for a while already.

Riley is a typical dominant hero but his usually calm and collected facade is shaken by the intensity of his feelings for Mercy. The fact that he recognizes when he is wrong, apologizes without coercion and is willing to make sacrifices for his mate make him a truly wonderful hero.

Mercy is my favorite type of heroine - strong, independent and warrior-like, she fears losing herself if she submits to a strong mate but learns that compromise is necessary. Moreover, she never descends into bitchiness (which is sometimes a problem with kick-ass females), and her interactions with the other women in the series are a highlight.

The plot is also compelling. All the information missing from the previous book regarding the Human Alliance is provided and there are new hints at the identity of the mysterious ghost (I have my suspicions and it will be interesting to see if they pan out). Hawke and Sienna's increasing attraction is another compelling aspect of the book and I can't wait to get to their story.

On a final note, there is a lot going on in this series and it is crucial to read in order so as not to lose track of the overall story arc. Dev and Katya's book is up next and we will finally get a glimpse at how a human and a Psy interact. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
4.5 Branded Stars

Branded by Fire is book six in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. It was a nice twist to see cat and wolf mate. The feelings and challenges they go through to get to their mating where interesting.

In Branded by Fire we have conflict, action, suspense, a little humor and all and all a lot of fun with our favorite characters from this series. Plus a wonderful surprise for our DarkRiver Alpha pair.

Both Mercy and Riley are two very dominate changelings. Mercy is one of DarkRiver’s sentinels. She is great at her job and does not take shit from anyone. Riley is SnowDancers lieutenant. He is great at his job and noes how to handle any situation. Gender roles come into play and even though Riley initially wanted a domestic mate, he can’t seem to stay away from Mercy. The power play between the two caused lots of tension, both emotional and sexually. I liked that it was not simple or easy for them that they had to work awfully dam hared to make there relationship/mating work.

I really like both Mercy and Riley. I also loved reading about Mercy’s brothers, Bras, Grey, and Sage. They are all so funny and the family bond that they have is too cute. I also loved the surprise with our favorite DarkRiver Alpha pair Sascha and Lucas. I'm so happy for them both!?

This series keeps getting better and better. I love the characters and world that Nalini Singh created. It’s so much fun! I keep want more and more. If you have not picked up this series I highly recommend it! You never have a dull moment.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
There was nothing I didn't like about this book. I loved mercy and Riley both as individuals and as a couple and I enjoyed reading about their journey together. I also loved the rest of the story threads and series threads that evolved around them. This story was such a great blend of action and romance and just a plain good story. I am loving learning more about this world and these characters. I can't wait to continue on with this series. ( )
  SapphiredDragon | Nov 21, 2017 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my own personal brain trust - you know who you are. :)
Change can kill.

When a brilliant changeling researcher is kidnapped, DarkRiver sentinel Mercy, a cat, and SnowDancer lieutenant Riley, a wolf, must work together to track the young man--before his shadowy captors decide he's no longer useful. But submitting to one another's passion may endanger not only their mission--but themselves.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,406,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible