Newt Scamander : Fantastic beasts and where…

Newt Scamander : Fantastic beasts and where to find them (original 2001; edition 2017)

by J. K. Rowling

9,234106489 (3.66)1 / 143
Member:agneson9
Title:Newt Scamander : Fantastic beasts and where to find them
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Info:London : Bloomsbury, 2017.
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:grp-fiction, for-chi-ya, grp-sff, series

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K. Rowling (2001)

English (101)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (106)
2.5-2.75 ( )
  ThatOneLibrarian | Aug 18, 2018 |
An intriguing catalogue of the Fantastic Beasts. I enjoyed how interwoven they were with real life myths and fairy tales. It was easy to imagine that they could possibly exist. ( )
  purplequeennl | Jul 11, 2018 |
This, along with the other Hogwarts Library books, are very quirky, short books great for all Harry Potter fans. Be aware, they do read more like textbooks, since that is what they are trying to replicate. However, they are short enough that I didn’t get too bored before I was done with them. I do love the level of detail and thought put into the writing and how well they integrate with the Harry Potter story lines. ( )
  mindyvail | Jun 24, 2018 |
I read the original version of this novelty book when it first came out, but found myself leafing through the larger, illustrated version at the library. The illustrations are splendid, worth a look even if you are already familiar with the book. There are also a few additional beasts in this volume, mostly North American ones mentioned either in additional material released by Rowling after the series was completed, or mentioned in the recent films. On the other hand, this version lacks Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s handwritten notes. I probably won’t buy this version for my personal collection, but I enjoyed browsing through it. ( )
  foggidawn | May 2, 2018 |
This was a pretty informational little book in the Harry Potter universe. I didn't like it as much as I liked Beedle's book (or Dumbledore's insightful commentary), but it was nonetheless entertaining, and detailed, and definitely worth a look. I wonder what kind of movie they're making out of it.
  UDT | May 1, 2018 |

J. K. Rowlingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Scamander, Newtmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gill, Olivia LomenechIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dumbledore, AlbusPrefacesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Masini, BeatriceTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Newton 'Newt' Artemis Fido Scamander was born in 1897.

AR Level 8.8, 2 pts

A description of beasts, believed by Muggles to be mythical, like the Quintaped, the Puffskein, and the Knarl.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,619,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible