Parky: My Autobiography by Michael Parkinson

Parky: My Autobiography

by Michael Parkinson

I loved the Parkinson TV show growing up. His guests were usually funny and the interviews were entertaining. I enjoyed the book a bit slow in parts but live isn;t always fast paced. He seemed to go from one thing to another with little planning. If you enjoyed the show you'll enjoy the book. I didn't realise he spent so much time in Australia. ( )
  Neale | Feb 2, 2012 |
An interesting insight into the professional life of Michael Parkinson, focussing on the influences of cricket, media and celebrities, and what made him the man he is today. A typical autobiography with some personal family emotional insights. A fairly short read, easy language, and lots of photos. Not amazing, but does what it says on the tin - if you admire or respect the man, it's worth a read. ( )
  AAndrea | Jan 9, 2009 |
This book celebrates the memory of my parents, the love of Mary, the blessing of our sons Andrew, Nicholas and Michael and the joy of our grandchildren, Emma, Georgina and Ben; Laura and James; Honey, Felix and Sophia.
Every morning, when I woke, I could see the pit from my bedroom window.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 034096166X, Hardcover)

From prize-winning journalist to chat show king on a show voted one of the top 10 British TV programs of all time, Michael Parkinson's starry career spans over four decades. Now an international celebrity himself, the man from a humble but colorful Yorkshire mining family who can tease out the secrets of even the most reticent star guest, at last reveals his own story, with the easy manner and insight that has kept his audiences fascinated. His distinguished career has involved working on highly acclaimed current affairs and film programs. His wide interests and expertise include jazz, film, soccer, and cricket. Witty, humorous, and blessed with exceptional intellectual clarity, Michael Parkinson's memoir is a joy to read.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:51 -0400)

From prize-winning journalist to chat show king, Michael Parkinson's career spans over four decades. Now an international celebrity himself, the man from a humble Yorkshire mining family at last tells his own story.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,541,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible