Shoot to Thrill by P. J. Tracy

Shoot to Thrill (2010)

by P. J. Tracy

English (24)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  All languages (28)
Im a big fan of this series and was really looking forward to it.
I have to say it wasnt up to par with the previous books, though I enjoyed reading it. Either Im becoming desensitised to murder books and need more of visceral descriptions etc or the story didnt hit home as truly as the other books.

I wish there were more descriptions of each murder (or each were more descriptive instead of just showing the reactions of people watching the murders!). I read it today so I might not have imprinted the details in my mind as if i'd have if i read it in a a week etc (my mind works in reverse lol - I just finished reading it about 2 hours ago) . I started to guess who was behind it around the middle :D

One thing Im slightly annoyed about.. you'd think if they mentioned youtube / facebook & myspace that theyd mention twitter!!? I mean its 2010 for god sake.. and myspace? hello?

Anyway my rating 7/10

The previous books always leave me 'satisfied' lol but this one made me feel a little like there was something missing.
Nevertheless its a solid book which keeps you entertained and guessing. And Gino is always my fave character for his lines :D ( )
  JazMinderr | Jul 31, 2014 |
This is an extremely well-written mystery thriller. It only took me one day to read, because I was unable to put it down. The characters are real, the prose easy to read and the plot all too believable in the internet age. I particularly enjoyed the race-against-time scenes. These parts aren't always easy to write and often fall flat, but in this book the tension that built up was genuine and I found myself gripping the book as tightly as I could while praying that they would arrive in time. Play to Kill is definitely an example of one of the better written murder mysteries and I highly recommend it as a gateway into the genre. ( )
  seldombites | Sep 29, 2013 |
The Monkeewrench crew has been recruited to assist the FBI in a case that involves videos of murders that are being posted on the Web.

It's been 4 years since the last Monkeewrench appearance, and I'm delighted to see them back. I'm not so sure how this one would read to newcomers of the series, because there didn't seem to be a lot of background information on the crew. However, the crew did what the crew does best and that's use their computer skills to help solve crimes. The interaction of quips and playful teasing between Monkeewrench, the FBI agent John Smith and the local police detectives Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth was a highlight. And, while the story line was interesting and kept me turning the pages, there was some wordiness and a scene or two that caused an eye-roll or a "yeah right" comment, but overall it was an enjoyable read. (3.75/5)

Originally posted on: Thoughts of Joy ( )
  ThoughtsofJoyLibrary | Aug 20, 2013 |
Won a copy through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
Very glad I got to read this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have added P.J. Tracy to my to-read author list and look forward to reading more. ( )
  Barb_H | Apr 1, 2013 |
The 5th book in the Monkeewrench series. There are videos of murders being posted online. The FBI is asking the Monkeewrench team to help in finding out who is posting the videos. At the same time there is a murder that Magozzi and Rolseth are investigating that might tie into the videos. Another good book in this series. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Mar 29, 2013 |
From top to bottom and everywhere in between, Minnesota was a bleak and frigid place in January, whether you were shivering on a blizzard-swept western prairie or paralyzed under a foot of snow smack in the middle of Minneapolis.
"Man, when I was growing up all my mom had to do was worry about me running in front of a car. Now you gotta screen the radio, check out every album, every game, every TV show, and this morning I find out we got snuff films on the computer. Christ. Makes you want to uninvent electricity."
original title: Shoot to thrill. (US) released in the UK as "Play to Kill"
Fifth Monkeewrench novel.

Een ijzersterke nieuwe thriller van het veelvuldig bekroonde schrijversduo P.J. Tracy Als een seriemoordenaar filmpjes van zijn gruweldaden verspreidt op internet, schakelen inspecteurs Leo Magozzi en Gino Rolseth softwarebedrijf Monkeewrench in. Met een geavanceerd programma lukt het Grace MacBride en haar excentrieke team om onderscheid te maken tussen filmpjes die in scène zijn gezet en filmpjes die daadwerkelijke moorden laten zien. Maar terwijl het team van Monkeewrench koortsachtig het web afspeurt naar aanwijzingen om nieuwe moorden te voorkomen, blijven er nieuwe filmpjes opduiken en loopt het aantal slachtoffers in rap tempo op. Dan stuiten ze op een sinistere website die hen op het juiste spoor zet – een spoor dat naar een gruwelijke ontdekking leidt... Over de boeken van P.J. Tracy: 'Een intelligente en geestige thriller.' NRC Handelsblad 'Verfrissend.' Algemeen Dagblad 'Zinderend!' Crimezone.nl over Engelenmoord Het schrijversduo P.J. Tracy wordt gevormd door Patricia Lambrecht en haar dochter Traci. Na hun veelvuldig bekroonde debuut Engelenmoord schreven ze achtereenvolgens Levend aas, Dodenrit en Sneeuwblind. Moordspel is hun vijfde thriller in de Monkee - wrench-serie.

With the help of local law enforcement and the FBI, the Monkeewrench crew tracks a serial killer using savvy computer technology.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,301,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible