The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's by Shirley…

The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's

by Shirley Neitzel

259244,125 (3)None

Young boy explains all of the things hes putting in the bag he's taking to grandmas.
Age: 4-7
Source: Pierce County Library
  ArianaCeras | Nov 18, 2013 |
The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's is a lighthearted story about what is necessary to pack for a trip to grandma's. Of course the young boy decides to take many impractical things, such as toys, while his mother thinks he needs to take clothes.

I enjoyed this book. It is a light hearted book relating to children and one of the issues many of them have, leaving their belongings behind when going to stay somewhere else. I believe this book is appropriate for even small children. I also think they would enjoy it. It is best suited for the youngest kids, pre-k to second grade. Above that I'm not sure they would appreciate it.

In the class room The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's could be used as an aide on a day before a long weekend or summer vacation while talking about what all is going to happen. This would be helpful for many young students because it may be the first time they have went to stay somewhere without their parents. It would be good for any lesson about going to grandma's or what is important.
  mel2209 | Oct 26, 2009 |

"A familiar story of differing viewpoints between mother and child is presented in charmingly simple cumulative verse and rebuses. A young boy is packing for a trip to visit his grandmother. He fills a shopping bag with his mitt, cars, space ship, wooden animals, his favorite stuffed rabbit, his pillow, a book a flashlight. But then along comes mom with ideas of her own!....This is a real winner....Great fun."--School Library Journal.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:02 -0400)

In cumulative verses and rebuses a young boy and his mother have different views on how to pack a bag for a trip to Grandma's.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,336,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible