Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Lover Avenged

by J.R. Ward

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (7)

English (60)  Spanish (1)  All languages (61)
Wow, this book, the seventh in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, displays a marked improvement in storytelling. As an added bonus, we even get to spend a few pages with characters that have seen little to no action since the book where they were the main character! Turns out Mary IS still around!

Focusing on Rehvenge, the vampire/sympath owner of the nightclub ZeroSum, this book gives us a better taste of what it is to be a sympath. As this story also contains significant storylines for Wrath and John Matthew, it does a good job of moving the greater plot arc forward.

It took me a while to read, almost twice as long as the previous books, but it was worth the effort.
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
Almost from the moment he was introduced in the series, I have wanted to learn more about the half-sympath Rehvenge. He is Bella's (Zsadist's mate, from book 3) brother and now the leader of the glymera, the vampire aristocracy. The knowledge that he is half-sympath is a closely guarded secret, even from his own flesh and blood, but the price of silence is extremely high.

Rehvenge is a complicated and fascinating character, making Lover Avenged a wonderful addition to the series. Along with his story, J.R. Ward continues to combine drama with other characters and tension about the war with the Lessening Society into Lover Avenged, creating depth and a taut, suspenseful story. I noticed that the next book, Lover Mine, will be released in paperback this week, and I will definitely be picking it up to continue the series. ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
Typical JR ward book. All of them are pretty interchangeable. That's not to say I don't enjoy reading them. I don't like the use of the serviced but it is common theme in many of the books, so push through them. Also, the word true is over used. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
sony ( )
  Talthor | Oct 19, 2013 |
One of my favorites of the series. Love Love Love Rehvenge. I also loved the secondary concentration on Beth and Wrath. I've kinda missed them, its good to know where they are right now. Can't wait to see what comes next in Lover Mine. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 7, 2013 |

J.R. Wardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
All kings are blind.

The good ones see this and use more than their eyes to lead.
Dedicated to You:

Good and bad have never been more relative terms than when applied to the likes of you. But I agree with her. To me, you have always been a hero.
"The king must die."

Rehvenge, a "symphath" vampire, harbors a deadly secret that could make him a huge liability in the Brotherhood's war against the lessers. As plots within and outside of the Brotherhood threaten to reveal the truth about Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in his darkening world, Ehlena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,126,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible