Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Lover Avenged

by J.R. Ward

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (7)

English (59)  Spanish (1)  All languages (60)
Almost from the moment he was introduced in the series, I have wanted to learn more about the half-sympath Rehvenge. He is Bella's (Zsadist's mate, from book 3) brother and now the leader of the glymera, the vampire aristocracy. The knowledge that he is half-sympath is a closely guarded secret, even from his own flesh and blood, but the price of silence is extremely high.

Rehvenge is a complicated and fascinating character, making Lover Avenged a wonderful addition to the series. Along with his story, J.R. Ward continues to combine drama with other characters and tension about the war with the Lessening Society into Lover Avenged, creating depth and a taut, suspenseful story. I noticed that the next book, Lover Mine, will be released in paperback this week, and I will definitely be picking it up to continue the series. ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
Typical JR ward book. All of them are pretty interchangeable. That's not to say I don't enjoy reading them. I don't like the use of the serviced but it is common theme in many of the books, so push through them. Also, the word true is over used. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
sony ( )
  Talthor | Oct 19, 2013 |
One of my favorites of the series. Love Love Love Rehvenge. I also loved the secondary concentration on Beth and Wrath. I've kinda missed them, its good to know where they are right now. Can't wait to see what comes next in Lover Mine. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 7, 2013 |
[bc:Lover Avenged|5098079|Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)|J.R. Ward|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1321039998s/5098079.jpg|5164827]
★★★★★ Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

The Rehv, the half breed symphath, you either love him or hate him. Sure he's corrupt, deviant, twisted, dark........but I love him. Of course it's another good girl, bad boy HEA, but he's a respected leader, like him or not. And with the purple eye, muscles on top of muscles, and the BARB, what's not to love. And Ehlena just steps into your heart and stays. I hope to see more of this couple in the future.
In Lover Avenged we meet Ehlena, a nurse from Haver's clinic. She is the epitome of a good girl. She takes care of her father, who has very few moments of lucid thought. All thought, everything must be exactly the same. She has to slip his medicine in his drink, can never leave a dirty dish, and has to make sure everything is exactly where it was before being touched.
Rehvenge gets extremely sick in this one, from doubling up on dopamine, using dirty needles, and not properly cleaning the skin before his injections. Xhex and Trez find out about this and make him go to the clinic. The nurses do not like him and find him to be unbearable.
Ehlena shows up late to work, after another of her dad's episode, so as self imposed punishment, she says she will be his nurse. He likes here right away, and gives her his card.
While out of the room, Lessers attack the clinic, and kidnap Lash. The Brothers show up, and the fight continues. Ehlena helps rescue the remaining patients, by driving them to safety, at Havers secondary clinic.
Ehlena contacts Rehv to come in to get antibiotics, for his arm, but he doesn't. So she takes it upon herself to steal him a round of antibiotics. She brings them to him, at the Commador, but dematerilized to V& Jane's side, oops! Rehv ends up cooking for her. She gets fired from the clinic.
They begin, to fall in love, through all their obsticals. Then fight, but then Rehv, gets kidnapped by the Princess. And contrary to what the Brothers say, she decides she will be in the recovery team. Can love lead her to him.....
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

J.R. Wardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
All kings are blind.

The good ones see this and use more than their eyes to lead.
Dedicated to You:

Good and bad have never been more relative terms than when applied to the likes of you. But I agree with her. To me, you have always been a hero.
"The king must die."

Rehvenge, a "symphath" vampire, harbors a deadly secret that could make him a huge liability in the Brotherhood's war against the lessers. As plots within and outside of the Brotherhood threaten to reveal the truth about Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in his darkening world, Ehlena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible