Cape Storm (Weather Warden, Book 8) by…

Cape Storm (Weather Warden, Book 8) (edition 2009)

by Rachel Caine

Member:readingdate
Title:Cape Storm (Weather Warden, Book 8)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:Roc (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:to-read

Cape Storm by Rachel Caine

I've been going pretty hardcore on this series, and I feel with this book that my attention is starting to wane somewhat. Maybe it's the premise - although having it set on a cruise ship is actually kinda nifty. Maybe it's just that the whole black mark, evil Joanne thing bugged me a bit. Who knows. As I neared the end, was trying to decide whether to plunge straight into Total Eclipse or pause for a breath of fresh air.

I plunged right in. So I guess I'm still addicted! ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Been so busy over the past few days I only had time to read in bits and pieces - Having just finished [b:Gale Force|2295830|Gale Force (Weather Warden, #7)|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1256098447s/2295830.jpg|2302139] you plunge straight back into the story without a chance to breathe. There were some really interesting scenes in this installment - Lewis's confession and choices, Joanne struggling against Bad Bob's influence and David's fear and fury. Of course there is also non stop action, but the strong emotions almost overshadow it.Another entertaining read with a suprise ending - looking forward to [b:Total Eclipse|7048787|Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9)|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1265266930s/7048787.jpg|7299154] ( )
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |
Let me start at the beginning...I first started Rachel Caine's phenomenal Weather Warden series a little over a month ago -pretty much on a whim. I instantly fell in love with Joanne Baldwin -the awesome, butt-kicking heroine -and her wild Warden life. I quickly devoured all of the subsequent novels up to Cape Storm, which is supposedly the second-to-last book in the series (Weather Warden book 9 is already scheduled for an August 2010 release on Amazon).

This may be why I had some trouble with Cape Storm. If you waited a year to read this novel after Gale Force, than all of the repetition between Cape Storm and the last few Weather Warden novels (particularly Gale Force and Thin Air) would probably not be so fresh in your mind. But since I literally put down the last book and picked up this one, they seemed to blur together into a story that I've already read before (multiple times) in this series.

While the story still has plenty of fast-paced fun and action that fans have come to expect from this series -Joanne's honeymoon to her Djinn lover David has to be postponed (again, the couple can't be happy), but she can't worry about it too much because the world is ending (again). Joanne wrestles with evil/good and in control/out of control conflict (this gives me flashes of Thin Air) and the story ends on yet another cliffhanger.

Frankly, this should have been the last book in this series. It really feels like the Weather Warden universe is to getting exhausted and there are simply no more stories to tell. ( )
  BookAddictDiary | Feb 1, 2011 |
It's hard to believe this book isn't the end of the series, although rumour has it that there are more books to come.

I found it hard to like this book whilst I was reading it. There's nothing wrong with it really, but possessed Jo was just too awkward to get on with, although kudos to the author for trying.

Hard to review further without massive spoilers so I'll stop here. ( )
1 vote lewispike | May 10, 2010 |
To Ter Matthies. For courage, for peace, for sailing on ahead. We'll meet on the shore.
I’ve had many oh crap moments in my life. If you know me at all, you can imagine how many of them there have been, and the rising scale of crapitude that these moments cover.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it-nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it.

"Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it--nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible