Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story by…

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story (1995)

by Christopher Moore

Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (Ti99er)
    Fat Vampire 6: Survival of the Fattest by Johnny B. Truant (LongDogMom)

Jody, a young girl with her whole life ahead of her, has suddenly and without warning, become a vampire. While she goes through her transition with no help from any other vampires, she learns by making mistakes and getting into trouble.

She needs someone to help her do her daytime work, and C. Thomas Flood just falls into her lap a if he was destined to be with her. Tommy may not be the most sensible young man, but he does what he can with what he has to please Jody and accommodate her in any way she wants.

This book has everything you'd ever need in a book, paranormal, intrigue, mystery, humor, thrill, and excitement. I wish I could praise this book more than I already have, I just absolutely love it! Definitely a 6/5.

This is unlike any other vampire book out there. It's funny, witty, and Christopher Moore has an amazing dry sense of humor. I have loved every single one of his books, and this one was no exception. I follow Christopher Moore and look forward to all his upcoming books. He's very talented. I find myself reading his books over and over, and they never get old. ( )
  lizasarusrex | Dec 8, 2014 |
Jodi is attacked on her way home from work one night. She has no idea how much this attack will change her life, or rather, her death. Tommy is going to be a writer, so he heads to San Francisco for adventure. He meets Jodi and adventure finds him!

I had no idea how much I would enjoy this story. The author uses the language in a delightful way. I love the homage to the Emperor of San Francisco. In fact I love all his characters, or if I don't love them, at least I believe they could exist. The funny predicaments were delightful. At least half of my enjoyment was due to the narrator, Susan Bennett. She was supreme. This book does include explicit language and situations, so if you don't tolerate those in a story, this one isn't for you, but I'm going to have to find the next in the series. ( )
  MrsLee | Oct 7, 2014 |
Not nearly as good as the other two I've read by Moore, but still pretty entertaining. ( )
  AliceAnna | Sep 9, 2014 |
This is my second Christopher Moore book, and I think I have to say I wasn't as impressed as Lamb...but it was nevertheless a fun read. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
In memory of my father: Jack Davis Moore
Sundown painted purple across the great Pyramid while the Emperor enjoyed a steaming whiz against a dumpster in the alley below.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060735414, Paperback)

Here's something different: a vampire novel that's light, funny, and not at all hackneyed. Between scenes of punks bowling frozen turkeys on the graveyard shift in a supermarket, or snapping turtles loose in a loft and gnawing on designer shoes, this novel has comic charm to spare. But it also packs an appealingly downbeat message about the consumer culture: Becoming a vampire has given the twentysomething heroine "a crampless case of rattlesnake PMS"--a grumpy mood in which she realizes that she can dress to the nines as a "Donner Party Barbie" and still end up disillusioned and unhappy, just another slacker doing her own laundry and watching sucky TV 'til the sun rises.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:44 -0400)

Tommy, a budding young writer from Indiana, falls in love with a novice vampire who is still trying to adjust to her new status.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,428,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible