Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story by…

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story (1995)

by Christopher Moore

Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (Ti99er)
    Fat Vampire 6: Survival of the Fattest by Johnny B. Truant (LongDogMom)

This is my second Christopher Moore book, and I think I have to say I wasn't as impressed as Lamb...but it was nevertheless a fun read. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
Evidently, reading the older Moore books is a mistake, because the newer ones were better. Comparing this book to A Dirty Job, I agree. Though the book was humorous at times and I liked the riff on the vampire motif, the book seemed to drag a bit. It felt like something I should really like and yet, couldn't quite get into.

Perhaps You Suck! is better? ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |
Absolutely hilarious. I gave this to my boyfriend who loathes reading and he's loving it. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
Having read and enjoyed Lamb and A Dirty Job, I was disappointed by this one. The humor was at times too obvious -- I was occasionally pulled out of the narrative with the feeling that the author was winking at his readers instead of telling a story. The plot moved along at a good clip but came to an unsatisfying, too-easy resolution. The "bad guy" was an incomplete picture, someone whose motives and goals were never clear to me. And yet, despite these complaints, it was a fun read and easy to breeze through in a short time. I laughed out loud once or twice. I'm glad I read Bloodsucking Fiends, but I hope that the next Christopher Moore book I read is a better example of his work! ( )
  ksimon | Feb 6, 2014 |
In memory of my father: Jack Davis Moore
Sundown painted purple across the great Pyramid while the Emperor enjoyed a steaming whiz against a dumpster in the alley below.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060735414, Paperback)

Here's something different: a vampire novel that's light, funny, and not at all hackneyed. Between scenes of punks bowling frozen turkeys on the graveyard shift in a supermarket, or snapping turtles loose in a loft and gnawing on designer shoes, this novel has comic charm to spare. But it also packs an appealingly downbeat message about the consumer culture: Becoming a vampire has given the twentysomething heroine "a crampless case of rattlesnake PMS"--a grumpy mood in which she realizes that she can dress to the nines as a "Donner Party Barbie" and still end up disillusioned and unhappy, just another slacker doing her own laundry and watching sucky TV 'til the sun rises.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:44 -0400)

Tommy, a budding young writer from Indiana, falls in love with a novice vampire who is still trying to adjust to her new status.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,327,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible