Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story by…

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story (1995)

by Christopher Moore

Recently added byprivate library, embecks, duky918, mdagtek, mhaar, MaureenCean, Tarar, jennystephenson, frootbat, TheYodamom
    Survival of the Fattest (Fat Vampire, #6) by Johnny B. Truant (LongDogMom)
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (Ti99er)

This book was well written but I just never connected with the characters. The two main characters just fit the stereo typical dumb young type. I disliked Thomas and his "boy" antics, his friends just as irritating. Jody, well she becomes a vampire unwillingly, she struggles with the blood need, kind of. She feels lonely, she needs somebody that can understand her needs, after only a couple of weeks ??? She never gives the another a chance. I started liking it more towards the end, then everything switched back ?!?!? Needless to say I hated the ending, and I did not like the characters, but I still enjoyed it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Ha Ha Ha...this was so funny (as are most of Moore's books). It was a great romance, fast paced and intelligently written. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
The morning after Jody is attacked by a mysterious stranger, she wakes up under a dumpster in an alley to discover that something is definitely not right. Eventually she figures out that she has been turned into a vampire, and she recruits aspiring author C. Thomas Flood to help her adjust to her new lifestyle. Since it's a Christopher Moore book, it goes without saying that chaos and hilarity ensue.

This wasn't his best book, but it also wasn't his worst. I'm not a huge fan of vampire novels, but this one seemed to start out slow for me. I also didn't think it was as funny and well-written as Lamb and Fool. I do have to say that I loved Tommy's coworkers, The Animals, and I also really enjoyed the Emperor and his "men" (but then, I always love a story with a good dog or two in it). ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
How to have fun with vampires... freeze them, burn them, stab them with a stick? Fun read. The Animals are my kind of people! ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
I keep saying I'm not a big Christopher Moore fan, but I keep liking some of his stuff. This was a fun one. I listened to it, and the narrator was excellent, which I'm sure helped. I have to admit I think I want to read the next one in the series, just to see where he takes it. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |
In memory of my father: Jack Davis Moore
Sundown painted purple across the great Pyramid while the Emperor enjoyed a steaming whiz against a dumpster in the alley below.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060735414, Paperback)

Here's something different: a vampire novel that's light, funny, and not at all hackneyed. Between scenes of punks bowling frozen turkeys on the graveyard shift in a supermarket, or snapping turtles loose in a loft and gnawing on designer shoes, this novel has comic charm to spare. But it also packs an appealingly downbeat message about the consumer culture: Becoming a vampire has given the twentysomething heroine "a crampless case of rattlesnake PMS"--a grumpy mood in which she realizes that she can dress to the nines as a "Donner Party Barbie" and still end up disillusioned and unhappy, just another slacker doing her own laundry and watching sucky TV 'til the sun rises.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:29 -0400)

Tommy, a budding young writer from Indiana, falls in love with a novice vampire who is still trying to adjust to her new status.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,987,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible