You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

You Suck: A Love Story (2007)

by Christopher Moore

Recently added bykgthor, private library, margarita.gakis, hearthebells, LemieuxS
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Vampires Anonymous by Jeffrey N. McMahan (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: Vampires plus humor.
    Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker by Meredith Woerner (meggyweg)
    The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore (meggyweg)

English (126)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (128)
Hmm, mixed thoughts on this book.

It's the second in a series, and I havent read the first. For once I did feel I suffered by not having read the first book, as there are the same characters (it seems) and much history carried forward from the previous book.

on the other hand, was amusing in parts, especially how Goth and vampire social moires (such as kids having grown up with Buffy and Dracula being confronted with "real" vampires, who in turn have only been undead for a matter of weeks or months - not centuries).

Did get all a little messy in the end, and there are characters who turn up who I have idea who they are (see re book 1 hangovers) ( )
  nordie | May 24, 2014 |
Fun light hearted vampires story. It actually is a love story. Was my first foray into Christopher Moore's books and apparently this one is a sequel. Still a good read in it's own right but they make numerous references to what has happened before.

This one has the two lead characters who are vampires both recently turned exploring there new lives together. The "Animals" who have also come into a lot of money have spent there time in Las Vegas where they have hooked up with a prostitute named Blue as she has colored her skin blue.

The Animals learn that their former leader has been turned into a vampire and go on the hunt for him. Blue on the other hand has other ideas for him in mind. She wants the gift of eternal life. This leads to a number of new vampires being created which causes problems with the old vampire who has been resurrected after being mistaken for a living statue in a big city plaza. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Apr 18, 2014 |
I learned my lesson years ago never to read Christopher Moore in public. All I have to say about YOU SUCK is that the scene with the cat had me in tears. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
Highly entertaining, an excellent sequel, and a good palate-cleanser after the more complex and daunting "Little, Big". Recommended for a quick read and a fun time. ( )
  unsquare | Feb 6, 2014 |
This is my first Christopher Moore book, and I'm not typically a vampire story reader. This was highly entertaining and will not be my last Christopher Moore book :) ( )
  snoble23 | Jan 3, 2014 |
As with his best work, there’s a fundamental sweetness beneath the antics. And the characters are developed with real affection. That most of them are dead is never allowed to seem sad. And for parasitical bloodsuckers, they do remarkably little harm.
added by stephmo | editNew York Times, Janet Maslin (Jan 15, 2007)

Susan Bennetts' sassy reading is a perfect fit for Moores satirical story and sarcastic dialogue.

For my readers, by request.
"You bitch, you killed me! You suck!"

Being undead sucks. Literally.

Just ask C. Thomas Flood. Waking up after a fantastic night unlike anything he's ever experienced, he discovers that his girlfriend, Jody, is a vampire. And surprise! Now he's one, too. For some couples, the whole biting-and-blood thing would have been a deal breaker. But Tommy and Jody are in love, and they vow to work through their issues.

But word has it that the vampire who initially nibbled on Jody wasn't supposed to be recruiting. Even worse, Tommy's erstwhile turkey-bowling pals are out to get him, at the urging of a blue-dyed Las Vegas call girl named (duh) Blue.

And that really sucks.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:40 -0400)

Waking up to discover that his girlfriend is a vampire and has transformed him into one, Thomas C. Flood adapts to his new powers while dealing with a dangerous faction of bloodsuckers trying to kill off all other vampires.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible