You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

You Suck: A Love Story

by Christopher Moore

"You bitch, you killed me. You suck!" Being dead sucks. Make that being undead sucks. Literally. Just ask Thomas C. Flood. Waking up after a fantastic night unlike anything he's ever experienced, he discovers that his girlfriend, Jody--the woman of his dreams--is a vampire. And surprise! Now he's one, too. For some couples, the whole biting-and-blood thing would have been a deal breaker. But Tommy and Jody are in love, and they vow to work through their issues. Like how much Jody should teach Tommy about his new superpowers (and how much he needs to learn on his own). Plus there's Tommy's cute new minion, sixteen-year-old goth girl Abby Normal. (Well, someone has to run errands during daylight hours!) Making the relationship work, however, is the least of Jody and Tommy's problems. Word has it that the vampire who nibbled on Jody wasn't supposed to be recruiting any new members into the club. Even worse, Tommy's erstwhile turkey-bowling pals are out to get him, at the urging of a blue-dyed Las Vegas call girl named (duh) Blue.… (more)
    Horns by Joe Hill (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: If you like the darkly humorous aspects of Horns, you may like You Suck. Like Horns, You Suck has paranormal elements, and the protagonist has to cope with newly found powers after a mysterious occurrence.
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)
    Vampires Anonymous by Jeffrey N. McMahan (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: Vampires plus humor.
    Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker by Meredith Woerner (meggyweg)
    The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore (meggyweg)

English (131)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (133)
Light hearted and easy read... ( )
  RekhainBC | Feb 15, 2019 |
Great book! I love Christopher Moore. I think he is a brilliant writer. I had no idea when I originally picked this book up that it was the second book of the set. There were some questions to some of the characters, but the book could stand on its own. I am reading the first one now. Amazing book! Very funny! ( )
  VoodooYeager | Dec 24, 2018 |
Young love for teenage vampires. Well written. a good read. ( )
  RGKronschnabel | Jan 1, 2018 |
Bello! Non raggiunge le vette del vangelo secondo Biff, ma è comunque una goduria di lettura. Divertente e sarcastico, una tagliente parodia de vampiri.
Consigliatissimo! ( )
  maxliscia | Aug 7, 2017 |
This book made me laugh, which most books do not. Smile? Yes. Giggle? Maybe. Actually laugh out loud? Never. I absolutely adored Abby. She was everything I love rolled into one feisty character. The way that the characters cross paths, and interact is just comical, and leaves you craving more. ( )
  Katlers | Jun 15, 2016 |
As with his best work, there’s a fundamental sweetness beneath the antics. And the characters are developed with real affection. That most of them are dead is never allowed to seem sad. And for parasitical bloodsuckers, they do remarkably little harm.
added by stephmo | editNew York Times, Janet Maslin (Jan 15, 2007)

Susan Bennetts' sassy reading is a perfect fit for Moores satirical story and sarcastic dialogue.

For my readers, by request.
"You bitch, you killed me! You suck!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,115,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible