A Journal for Jordan: A Story of Love and…

A Journal for Jordan: A Story of Love and Honor

by Dana Canedy

(1) 1 (1) 2012 (1) adult (1) audiobook (1) B007 (2) biography (3) career (1) dads (1) dup (2) family (4) fathers (1) fathers and sons (1) hardcover (1) HC w/DJ (1) Iraq (4) Iraq War (6) journal (1) journalist (2) love (2) memoir (9) military (6) mothers and sons (1) New York Times (1) non-fiction (2) Oprah (1) own (1) parenting (1) soldiers (1) unread (2)

I listened to the audio book edition of "A Journal for Jordan" and I enjoyed it very much. From the first couple of words I was drawn in by the warmth and strength of Dana's voice.

I felt as if I was listening to a good friend telling me her personal story. And what a moving story it was. Dana Canedy recounts the unfolding love story between her and First Sergeant Charles Monroe King. She tells us about their days of courtship, their plans to marry and the conception of their son Jordan. And finally, she shares the pain that Charles untimely death in Iraq caused her and all of his family.

Thankfully Charles left behind a journal for his infant son, which he had started during his deployment. His journal entries build the foundation for the book. In them, he counsels his son on everything from dating to becoming a respectable human being. Throughout the book you can just feel the love that the author, her fiancé and their son shared. And you can't help but join in the mourning of their fallen soldier. I was at times crying so hard that I had to take a break from listening. Yet at other times the author made me laugh out loud with some of her witty observations.

Canedy’s way with words is marvelous. And I think she created a gift for Jordan that he will forever treasure. If only every child of a fallen soldier could have a book like this. ( )
  Lilac_Lily01 | Mar 27, 2009 |

In a poignant memoir of love and war, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist presents the journal of her fiancé, a dedicated career soldier killed in Iraq, in which he records the events of the war, his grief over losing men in battle, and advice to his infant son on every aspect of life.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,562,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible