Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Moon Landing: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary…

Moon Landing: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary Pop-Up

by Richard Platt

A fun interactive books about the moon landing. Includes pop outs and fun interactive parts.
  LynleyShaw | Dec 9, 2016 |
Wow, what a great book.
I still love pop up books.
This book gives some much detail about the insturments that astornauts use. The book also shares interesting facts about landing on the moon. This book gets students exciting about learning and inspires more questions.

I would used this book to extend my lesson on landing on the moon. ( )
  weeksie50 | Dec 8, 2010 |
This book is a excellent representation of what rockets , mission plans , space suits , and more all look like. Students can engage in this book by flipping up a topic on the page and dissecting the features such as a rocket. Moon Landing is great because it celebrates important events in space from past decades . Teachers should make a KWL chart to engage students in forming opinions and questions about space. Students should remember five facts about what they learned.

This book gets students asking I wonder questions about different space objects and people. Moon Landing can be connected with design your own planets. Have the students come up with a planet where human being can live on. Tell them we need a supple of water and some source of food. There must be livable conditions much as no drastic temperatures Students must make a model of their planet to present to the class. They should also be able to discuss how far away is it from the moon and sun, how large is it, how much water is on the planet, is there a supple of food, what elements are on the planet, can animals live on the planet, and were there living beings on this planet. They should keep in mind that this planet should be a second option for people to live on besides earth . ( )
  hammre02 | Nov 12, 2009 |
great to flip through to inspire kids at story time. ( )
  delatte | Oct 9, 2009 |

"This wonderful book retells our story vividly. I should know; I was there."
— Buzz Aldrin

Trace the history of people's fascination with the moon — and the scientific developments that led to a ground-breaking mission — in an out-of-this-world novelty book marking the first moon landing. Acclaimed author Richard Platt focuses on humankind's dreams of traveling to the moon, the race to conquer space, the technology needed to reach the moon and sustain the astronauts in space, and the moon landing itself. Re-creating the excitement of the expedition are extraordinary pop-ups depicting a rocket, the lunar module, a spaceship, and a spectacular spherical moon, while booklets and flaps offer readers a wealth of intriguing facts.

* Published in anticipation of the fortieth anniversary of the first moon landing on July 20, 1969

* Features official NASA photographs, two mini-books, and fun informational flaps

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:15 -0400)

"This book is packed with amazing details about rockets, mission planning, space suits, and more!"--Cover back.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,503,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible