SantaThing sign up ends in 5:03 hours (5:00 PM EST) » Find out more about our bookish Secret Santa!

The Fionavar Tapestry 1. The Summer Tree 2.…

by Guy Gavriel Kay

Member:Eatonm98
Title:The Fionavar Tapestry 1. The Summer Tree 2. The Wandering Fire 3. The Darkest Road (The Fionavar Tapestry, Volume 1, 2 and 3 in one book)
Authors:Guy Gavriel Kay
Info:Harper Perennial (1998), Paperback, 792 pages

The Fionavar Tapestry 1. The Summer Tree 2. The Wandering Fire 3. The Darkest Road by Guy Gavriel Kay

Guy G. Kay is one of my favorite authors. However, I thought the Fionavar Tapestry verged on unoriginal and dull. How many fantasy books have I read where a group of intelligent, resourceful modern-day young people get sucked into a medieval-esque fantasy world? Well... it's a lot. And I didn't think Kay's contribution to the oeuvre was particularly exceptional. But - don't let that turn you off the rest of his books, which are gorgeously written, strikingly original, subtle and bold. ( )
  AltheaAnn | Feb 9, 2016 |
This is an omnibus volume covering GK's first literary efforts. A fantasy set in a sort of Fantasy role-playing context, I found it enjoyable and recommend it to others. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Apr 20, 2014 |
I almost forgot about this!
  beabatllori | Apr 2, 2013 |
Guy Gavriel Kay has taken the best and most beloved elements of the genre and woven them seamlessly into a beautiful masterpiece. All of us who enjoy reading at one time or another wish we could be a part of the stories read; Kay makes the impossible seem possible! ( )
  trinibaby9 | Nov 24, 2009 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,646,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible