Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis

Today I Feel Silly (edition 2000)

by Jamie Lee Curtis

Title:Today I Feel Silly
Authors:Jamie Lee Curtis
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (2000), Hardcover
Tags:feelings, silly, mad, angry, happy, frustrated, behavior, character, children, rhyming, picture book, emotions

Today I Feel Silly : And Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis

Jamie Lee Curtis helps kids deal with their emotions in a safe way.
agves 3-5
pierce county library
  catiesar1 | Nov 24, 2015 |
I think that Jamie Lee Curtis is an excellent author and I really enjoyed this book. The text was written in rhyme, which made it very sing-songy. The story was fast-paced, but each page had a beautiful illustration that enhanced the page with its bright colors and cartoon style. Each page talked about a feeling and different reasons one may feel that way, which is something the children can relate to. This is a silly, informational book that could be used in the classroom to discuss different feelings and why one may feel that way. ( )
  alexavecchio | Nov 3, 2015 |
A young girl experiences a series of emotions, silly, grumpy, angry, hurt, etc. Finding out she is going to be a big sister, has a boyfriend, crush on a teacher, and fighting with a friend, this little girl is all of us. She has good and bad days, she is happy and sad, but it is important to remember that feelings are feelings. Regardless. ( )
  candyceutter | Oct 16, 2015 |
This book is a rhyming book, and also a trade book. I gave this a four out of five stars because I think it is a great book for children that they can relate to. Every page has rhyming on it as it talks about the little girls moods for the day. Throughout the book it talks about how she feels silly one day or she feels angry one day. The book states why she feels that specific mood some days. I interpreted the book as a little girl explaining to us that everyone has different moods, and that it is okay to not always stay a certain mood everyday. The illustrations throughout the book looked like they were done in paint. The pictures were vibrant and full of color. All of the characters had big faces and looked like cartoons. The days she felt silly, the pictures showed her looking silly. I think a teacher could use this in a classroom when talking about children's moods. A teacher should talk about different moods and how it is okay to have all of these moods, it's normal. I think this book is pertained to elementary students around the ages of K-2, because they don't know every mood yet. ( )
  j.swancutt | Oct 7, 2015 |
this book follows a girl through a few days of her life as she deals with her emotions. The story is told by the little girl as she gets big news, deals with friends and even gets sick. This book would be a good one to read when talking about emotions and dealing with them. This conversation could lead to talking about how everyone has different feelings and everyone should remember that different people feel different. The illustrations in this book are very colorful and busy, they would very easily keep the attention of elementary students as well as older kids. ( )
  kcoleman14 | Sep 10, 2015 |

Jamie Lee Curtisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cornell, LauraIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060245603, Hardcover)

Jamie Lee Curtis has starred in many movies, but she says that the children's books she has written mean more to her than any of her films. She and artist Laura Cornell have previously collaborated on two bestselling books: Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born and When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth. This time, we follow a little girl with curly red hair through 13 different moods, beginning with silly: "Today I feel silly. / Mom says it's the heat. I put rouge on the cat / and gloves on my feet." Of course, silly soon turns to grumpy and mean... to excited... to confused, and so on. Recognizing one's own mood swings is a developmental milestone, one that some adults haven't yet mastered! Cornell's watercolor illustrations--wildly expressive and energetic--effectively capture the volatility of our redheaded star. Whether she is happy or mad or dancing a solo in jazz, she is always "full of pizzazz," and this book is, too. A clever mood wheel on the last page allows young readers to change the little girl's expression--both her eyes and mouth. This is silly fun with a smart lesson for children from ages 4 to 8. --Marcie Bovetz

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:42 -0400)

A child's emotions range from silliness to anger to excitement, coloring and changing each day.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,951,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible