Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis

Today I Feel Silly (edition 2000)

by Jamie Lee Curtis

Title:Today I Feel Silly
Authors:Jamie Lee Curtis
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (2000), Hardcover
Tags:feelings, silly, mad, angry, happy, frustrated, behavior, character, children, rhyming, picture book, emotions

Today I Feel Silly : And Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis

This book is a rhyming book, and also a trade book. I gave this a four out of five starts because I think it is a great book for children. ( )
  j.swancutt | Oct 7, 2015 |
this book follows a girl through a few days of her life as she deals with her emotions. The story is told by the little girl as she gets big news, deals with friends and even gets sick. This book would be a good one to read when talking about emotions and dealing with them. This conversation could lead to talking about how everyone has different feelings and everyone should remember that different people feel different. The illustrations in this book are very colorful and busy, they would very easily keep the attention of elementary students as well as older kids. ( )
  kcoleman14 | Sep 10, 2015 |
TODAY I FEEL SILLY: AND OTHER MOODS THAT MAKE MY DAY is a good book that applies to elementary students that can be moody and need to know that it is okay to feel. During this relevant book to six year olds we see how this little girl is going through a typical day of her life. The expressions used in this book such as "I put rouge on the cat and gloves on my feet. I ate noodles for breakfast and pancakes at night. I dressed like a star and was quite a sight." These are sayings that children will find silly and make them get more involved with the book. The pictures really help to show the girls expressions. They are very exaggerated and colorful and would be a good place to draw in the children's attention. This book over is a good way to teach a normal experience to children in a fun and exciting way. At the end is even included an emotions spin wheel where you can get the children to interact with the lesson even more. ( )
  CSpear25 | Sep 10, 2015 |
This children's book takes a lighthearted look at a variety of emotions a child could feel on any given day to show children that it is normal and okay to feel them. This book utilizes rhythm and rhyme as the main character, a young elementary aged girl, and talks about how she is feeling each day. Her emotions range from happy to angry, sad and silly. With each one she talks about what caused the mood she is in. The pictures are bright and busy but give children a lot to look at. They are water color pictures and have a messy playful feel to them that help to express the emotions throughout the book. The author uses humor and experiences that are very relatable to many children such as "My best friend and I had a really big fight" and because each day she tells why she is feeling happy, silly, etc. it helps kids relate, they can see how to express their feelings and communicate them to others. There is an interactive emotion wheel which allows children to analyze their own moods and emotions and express them in a fun way at the end of the book. Teachers can utilize that emotion wheel and have each child take a turn picking what they feel or they could have children take each of the emotions mentioned in the book and write down a time they felt that emotion and then come up with a few more emotions not included and do the same for those. ( )
  cpaavola | Sep 10, 2015 |
All about a little girls various emotions throughout the day.
  arielgramner | Aug 13, 2015 |

Jamie Lee Curtisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cornell, LauraIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060245603, Hardcover)

Jamie Lee Curtis has starred in many movies, but she says that the children's books she has written mean more to her than any of her films. She and artist Laura Cornell have previously collaborated on two bestselling books: Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born and When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth. This time, we follow a little girl with curly red hair through 13 different moods, beginning with silly: "Today I feel silly. / Mom says it's the heat. I put rouge on the cat / and gloves on my feet." Of course, silly soon turns to grumpy and mean... to excited... to confused, and so on. Recognizing one's own mood swings is a developmental milestone, one that some adults haven't yet mastered! Cornell's watercolor illustrations--wildly expressive and energetic--effectively capture the volatility of our redheaded star. Whether she is happy or mad or dancing a solo in jazz, she is always "full of pizzazz," and this book is, too. A clever mood wheel on the last page allows young readers to change the little girl's expression--both her eyes and mouth. This is silly fun with a smart lesson for children from ages 4 to 8. --Marcie Bovetz

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:42 -0400)

A child's emotions range from silliness to anger to excitement, coloring and changing each day.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,761,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible