Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis

Today I Feel Silly (edition 2000)

by Jamie Lee Curtis

1,204666,655 (4.38)2
Member:JulianneM
Title:Today I Feel Silly
Authors:Jamie Lee Curtis
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (2000), Hardcover
Tags:feelings, silly, mad, angry, happy, frustrated, behavior, character, children, rhyming, picture book, emotions

Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis

This book goes through all the life events that affect the protagonist's mood during the week and explores how that shapes her actions, behaviors, and views on life.

The book teaches children that their emotions are valid and that it is okay not to be happy all the time as long as you work through your emotions in a healthy way. When I was little for about two years I would go to the back page and use the wheel to express how I was feeling that day. ( )
  fchloe1 | Mar 19, 2017 |
In the book Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day, it explains the emotions and moods that everyone goes through. I liked this book because it relates to everyone and I think children would like it because they can learn all the different moods they may feel. The grade level appropriate for this book would be Kindergarten to First grade. ( )
  alexisjm01 | Feb 12, 2017 |
This is a very cute book that demonstrates all of the different emotions a kid can feel and all of the moods they can be in for different reasons. It shows that it is okay to have a bad day and to feel upset. It shows that happy days and the best, but having bad days is just a normal part of life and it is okay to feel what you feel inside.
  chloeford | Jan 18, 2017 |
This book is great for young children because it’s all about different moods we all go through. In this book, the main character a curly hair little girl discuss her different moods. Each of the moods are identified and example are offered in rhyme. The book includes a cardboard face with a twirling disk that allows the students to adjust the eyes and mouth to express the mood they are feeling. This book is filled with very beautiful and bright illustrations.

Comprehensive Strategy:
For younger students- Think-A-Loud followed by how do you feel questions and allow the students to use the included cardboard face. This will help students identify their own feelings, as well as others.
Kindergarten and older can use this book to write their own mood books in writer’s workshop. ( )
  kafreehill | Dec 1, 2016 |
This is a great book to use in the classroom when taking about feelings. It is silly and funny but also talks about other feelings children may have and how it is ok to feel that way. ( )
  AshleighDacus | Oct 28, 2016 |

Jamie Lee Curtisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cornell, LauraIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060245603, Hardcover)

Jamie Lee Curtis has starred in many movies, but she says that the children's books she has written mean more to her than any of her films. She and artist Laura Cornell have previously collaborated on two bestselling books: Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born and When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth. This time, we follow a little girl with curly red hair through 13 different moods, beginning with silly: "Today I feel silly. / Mom says it's the heat. I put rouge on the cat / and gloves on my feet." Of course, silly soon turns to grumpy and mean... to excited... to confused, and so on. Recognizing one's own mood swings is a developmental milestone, one that some adults haven't yet mastered! Cornell's watercolor illustrations--wildly expressive and energetic--effectively capture the volatility of our redheaded star. Whether she is happy or mad or dancing a solo in jazz, she is always "full of pizzazz," and this book is, too. A clever mood wheel on the last page allows young readers to change the little girl's expression--both her eyes and mouth. This is silly fun with a smart lesson for children from ages 4 to 8. --Marcie Bovetz

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:42 -0400)

A child's emotions range from silliness to anger to excitement, coloring and changing each day.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,265,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible