The Spy Who Wants Me by Lucy Monroe

The new assignment for Elle Gray (Special Agent in the black-ops unit known as ‘The Goddard Project’) was simply to improve security at Environmental Technology Research and Design. Since they had a recent breach in their security, now was the time to get an agent in to see what progress the scientists have had on their different projects. The antigravity project was headed by Dr. Beau Ruston and since the breach was on his project, he was very interested to know what was being done to prevent any further theft. Finding her brother (Matej Chernichinko) working in the facility surprised Elle, now Mat and his girlfriend, Chantal Renaud, seemed to be caught up in the middle of her investigation. Primary goal was the protection of all involved, but with personal feelings involved she is even more determined to get the job done right.

Book 3... Jammed pack full of ultra alpha males and headstrong, independent women. Almost a cliché - Supermodel type spy hooks up with the sexy Texan brainiac all while trying to unravel a mystery. That mystery is a bit mundane, but the graphic nature of the relationships spices things up. Beau is almost too arrogant, Elle is almost too flexible. Some of the characters are difficult to connect with, but very erotic anyways. Now that I have read book 3, I may just go try and find the rest of the 'Goddard Project' books. ( )
  onyx95 | Jun 23, 2009 |
Let me just start by saying that I've been a fan of Lucy Monroe since 2004 when I read "The Real Deal". Her ability to pull me into her stories, have me identify with her characters, and rouse feelings of humor and passion have been pretty constant with me. My disappointment in "The Spy Who Wants Me" is probably more than the book warrants just because I have such high expectations from her tales. But this book was just 'off' for me. The humor was just 'that much' too silly, the mystery was just 'that much' too unrealistic, and the two love stories just 'that much' too neat.

Elle is an agent for a super-secret agency that keeps watch on scientific and technological projects for the government. She's also drop-dead gorgeous, deadly, and pretty near a genius. (Hate her yet? Yeah, me too.) Her job requires an extreme level of secrecy and that, combined with her guilt from the death of her husband, has caused a break with her large family. When her newest job sends her back to her family's hometown, she's a bit frazzled. When her liaison at her new job is the very hunky scientist, Beau, she begins to think that just maybe this job won't be a piece of cake. Then she finds out she'll also be working with her brother...and the caca hits the fan!

Beau is a scrumptious piece of manhood. He's also an incredibly intelligent scientist who turned down a career in professional football to heed his conscious and invent things to make the world a better place. He's pretty flexible and can get along with most everyone, except he doesn't like dishonestly and he knows who and what Elle is, and isn't, from the get go. While he may be insanely attracted to her and perfectly willing to have a flaming affair during her 'security consulting job', he can't reconcile himself to the lies. But when Elle's cover is busted and his project is in peril, he joins forces with the bombshell to crack the case...and discovers there's more to Elle than meets the eye.

After having said what I didn't like earlier, I can tell you that this book is very hot. There's not one, but two love stories in this book...and they're both smoking. It's a lighter, easy read with a definite happy ending times two and that's always a bonus. I'll continue to buy Monroe's books and just consider "The Spy Who Wants Me" to be an off-day for this talented author. ( )
2 vote jjmachshev | Dec 26, 2008 |
Whit, affectionately known as The Old Man by the agents of The Goddard Project, frowned while scrolling through the employee file of one of his top operatives. Elle Gray looked like a supermodel but was as deadly as a scorpion and probably a hell of a lot faster.

Warning: May Be Too Hot To HandleElle Gray looks like a supermodel, thinks like a super agent, and can kill a man with her bare hands. But when she meets Dr. Beau Ruston, the brilliant scientist and ex-college football star in charge of the project she's been sent to protect, she wants more of her bare self around him than just her hands. If his muscular grace and quick wit hadn't turned her on, there would still be those big brown eyes . . . watching her suspiciously. With a man this smart and sexy questioning her cover, the bad guys are the least of her problems. Beau Ruston knows Elle is a government spy, and he doesn't like to be spied on-or lied to, no matter how charming the liar happens to be. Wait, did he say "charming"? Damn hot is more like it. He should know, chemistry is his business, whether it's in the lab or in the bedroom, but the reaction Elle is setting off might be too much for even him to control . . . "Monroe writes with a flourish the type of lovemaking and desire that women can truly appreciate". -Romantic Times on 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys"Monroe's exciting romance is a great read". -Booklist on Ready"Lucy Monroe is one of my favorite writers". -Lora Leigh

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:24 -0400)

Elle Gray is a government spy sent to protect a secret scientific project, and the gorgeous scientist in charge of it.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,373,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible