Secret Power by D. L. Moody

Secret Power (1881)

by D. L. Moody

201None88,354 (3.94)None

No reviews

One man may have “zeal without knowledge,” while another may have knowledge without zeal. If I could have only the one, I believe I should choose the first; but, with an open Bible, no one need be without knowledge of God’s will and purpose; and the object of this book is to help others to know the source of true power, that both their zeal and their knowledge may be of increased service in the Master’s work.

Paul says, “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable;” but I believe one portion, and that the subject of this book, has been too much overlooked, as though it were not practical, and the result is lack of power in testimony and work. If we would work, “not as one that beateth the air,” but to some definite purpose, we must have this power from on high. Without this power, our work will be drudgery. With it, it becomes a joyful task, a refreshing service.

May God make this book a blessing to many. This is my prayer.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:03 -0400)

This classic work from one of history's greatest evangelists is as fresh and relevant today as when it was written. "There are many Christians who want to be more efficient in the Lord's service. The object of this book is to take up this subject of the Holy Spirit, that they may see from whom to expect this power."… (more)

Bridge Logos

An edition of this book was published by Bridge Logos.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,427,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible